Czechoslovakia - Ceskoslovenske Statne Drahy

These are prototypes which either exist as TT scale models or can be modeled from existing models.
Christtking

Re: Czechoslovakia - Ceskoslovenske Statne Drahy

Post by Christtking »

DSCF2146.JPG
DSCF2148.JPG
RTR model of 2 axle refridgeretor wagon of CSD with the inscriptions of "PRAZDROJ" brewery, era III (?) marked IV on the box ) which I think it is wrong, manufactured by former Zeuke in cooperation with LPH (former Czechoslovakia), I might be wrong about this. The article number of this model is 4131. The model is not manufactured anymore, it is very hard to find. I am not sure if it is prototypicaly correct.

Christtking

Post by Christtking »

DSCF2157.JPG
RTR 4 axle tank wagon, of CSD, era IV, model manufactured by former Zeuke (in this case former BTTB), article number 5412. Tillig never released a new version of this car. I'm not sure if this wagon is prototypicaly correct.

j p

Post by j p »

Christtking wrote:
DSCF2146.JPG
DSCF2148.JPG
RTR model of 2 axle refridgeretor wagon of CSD with the inscriptions of "PRAZDROJ" brewery, era III (?) marked IV on the box ) which I think it is wrong, manufactured by former Zeuke in cooperation with LPH (former Czechoslovakia), I might be wrong about this. The article number of this model is 4131. The model is not manufactured anymore, it is very hard to find. I am not sure if it is prototypicaly correct.
No, this is not prototypicaly correct. Pilsner Urquell brewery used their own beer reefers, but the model is a boxcar CSD class Ztr.

j p

Post by j p »

Christtking wrote:
DSCF2157.JPG
RTR 4 axle tank wagon, of CSD, era IV, model manufactured by former Zeuke (in this case former BTTB), article number 5412. Tillig never released a new version of this car. I'm not sure if this wagon is prototypicaly correct.
This one is correct. It is ex-DRG tank car. Some of them were left in Czechoslovakia after WW2.
If you want to go in detail, the trucks are not quite correct. I have seen a photo of the prototype somewhere. Correct trucks are available as brass etched kit from one of the Czech small manufacturers.

Edit: here it is
and the correct truck:

Christtking

Post by Christtking »

Thanks jp! A few years back (2004-2005) I've purchased some bogies (trucks) and some other accesories (platforms, plastic gears, cabins, air horns, etc.)made by different manufacturers, from a shop over the INTERNET , http://www.hobby-shop.cz/, probably you are familiar with it. Pretty good stuff, a lot of things that are hard to find, big selection, but the prices were/are kind of high and I did not like the payment method (bank transfer). I stopped buying from them. Talking about the bogies, these bogies I've purchased are like the one in your photo (made out of brass), they were moulded in plastic and came in form of a kit also. I've purchased just enough for 2 cars (I should have bought more). They are suitable for BTTB/Tillig e.g. 15110 (and the others in that family). One thing I've realised that the 4 axle tankers manufactured bu TT CLUB BERLIN have the correct bogies (same like in your photos).

Christtking

Post by Christtking »

DSCF2158.JPG
DSCF2160.JPG
DSCF2161.JPG
DSCF2163.JPG
DSCF2164.JPG
Postal cars of (former ) CSD, era IV. Manufacturer of the models unknown. The models were purchased in form of kits. I don't know for sure if they are available anymore. Any info about these models and /or prototypes are always welcome!

Christtking

Post by Christtking »

DSCF2166.JPG
DSCF2167.JPG
DSCF2168.JPG
DSCF2169.JPG
DSCF2170.JPG
Part 1.
Double decker of former BTTB, of CSD, era III. This model it is being modified at the moment. The model was purchased as second hand, so please ignore the round flag. I know it does not belong anywhere on this car.
Last edited by Christtking on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Christtking

Post by Christtking »

DSCF2171.JPG
DSCF2172.JPG
DSCF2173.JPG
Part 2.
Model has been adapted with new buffers, bottom and the moving sections at both ends have been painted to match the body, the first set of side windows after the control cab have been covered, extra raised framed windows(not completed yet) on the sides after the first set of side windows (and the control cab) have been added, lettering highlighted in deep yellow, needs extra vents on the roof, the diaphragms (accordion type) between coaches have been painted (not shown), so they are not original black anymore,center window at the end of the coach has been covered.
This one has a real life prototype for sure.

LVG1

Post by LVG1 »

Christtking wrote:..., the first set of side windows after the control cab have been covered, extra raised framed windows(not completed yet) on the sides after the first set of side windows (and the control cab) have been added, ...
This one has a real life prototype for sure.
Czechoslovakia never had train sets with control cabs of this type.
Their 50 train sets were delivered without control cabs and never got some.

So, especially regarding the wind shields I doubt that a real life prototype existed.
"Let's eat, grandpa."
Punctuation marks save lives!

Christtking

Post by Christtking »

Thanks LVG1. I'm still working on this model, still need to do a lot of modifications. Soon will look just like prototype.
Last edited by Christtking on Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Prototypes by Country”