Gandy Dancer Freight Trucks

Zs12

Gandy Dancer Freight Trucks

Post by Zs12 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:59 am

I'm not sure about these white metal cast trucks, but assume they should be a bettendorf type. They seem to have a long history, their frames and axles look like these old Kemtron's. Is that right?

Sadly their quality is quite problematic, due to that I'll use them for nothing, just store them for whatever. The axles do not roll as smooth as I'm inured and have a lot clearance sidewards. But the wheels look fantastic!
100_9742_copy.jpg
When I got them, the trucks were already assembled, so I can't give all measurements.

wheel base : 13,5 mm
wheel diameter : 6,95 mm
flange higth: 0,5 mm
wheel width = 2,1 mm

I think, I'll better buy a sliding caliper for such jobs. [edit] done!!
Last edited by Zs12 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:31 am, edited 5 times in total.

areibel

Re: Coastal Engineering Freight Trucks

Post by areibel » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:57 am

Those are Gandy Dancer trucks, they weren't the greatest in TT trucks!
The original owner of Gandy Dancer used HP trucks, but a later owner started doing a lot of white metal casting including these trucks. I'm not sure if he stated doing these when HP went out of business and he needed his own or if he thought they'd be better?

Zs12

Re: Coastal Engineering Freight Trucks

Post by Zs12 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:15 pm

You guys make me wonder, because their previous owner told me, the kit with what they came includes Coastal trucks. But now they're true old-timers. :?

OK, then I've to change the title.
Attachments
100_9736.jpg

Marquette

Re: Gandy Dancer Freight Trucks

Post by Marquette » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:01 pm

Whoever made them, they look to be ASF Ride Control trucks... if you've got a model that needs such trucks, I wouldn't even bother with these - Gold Coast's ASF trucks are MUCH nicer!

If anything, you could probably use them to kitbash the Pennsy 2D-F8 type truck.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
http://espeett.blogspot.com/

Return to “Miscellaneous TT Scale Trucks (bogie)”