Shell Welder Tanker

Bill Dixon

Shell Welder Tanker

Post by Bill Dixon »

Hi all

Has anybody built a "British Coastal Tanker SHELL WELDER / Scale Model Kit 1/130"?
It has been available for a few years under a dozen or so different manufacturers.
I was curious how good it is. It is short, about 403mm and might fit in a module scene.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC

AstroGoat760

Re: Shell Welder Tanker

Post by AstroGoat760 »

I can't say that I have owned or built a copy of the model in question, but my interest is piqued, as it would go nicely for a shipping/pierside module, especially with the model being just under 160 scale feet long.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!

Bill Dixon

Post by Bill Dixon »

AstroGoat760 wrote:I can't say that I have owned or built a copy of the model in question, but my interest is piqued, as it would go nicely for a shipping/pierside module, especially with the model being just under 160 scale feet long.
It got my interest as well.
It's short enough to fit on a single module scene. Not sure how wide it is so it might hang a bit off of the rear of the module. Then it is a tanker and we like tank cars so it would give us a good destination for them.
Definitely work looking into. As it has been released by a dozen or so companies, it should not be too hard to find. I did notice that there was an etched detail set released and a set of decals. They might be harder to find.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC

j p

Post by j p »

Bill Dixon wrote:Hi all

Has anybody built a "British Coastal Tanker SHELL WELDER / Scale Model Kit 1/130"?
It has been available for a few years under a dozen or so different manufacturers.
I was curious how good it is. It is short, about 403mm and might fit in a module scene.
The kit was made by British Frog company. The molds were sold to USSR in 1970s and the kits were sold then under "Novo" brand. It seems that the molds are still in Russia and the kits are made by Ark Models.

MacG

Post by MacG »

I think Helmut and Michael from the ICV-RR Group (AG-TT-USA) have used it in the harbor segment. The tanker was converted into a bulk carrier or general cargo vessel.
EMDD_2013_3811.jpg
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:

Rich1853

Post by Rich1853 »

Rich1853
Greetings from Melbourne, Florida USA
On the Space Coast of Florida

AstroGoat760

Post by AstroGoat760 »

Well, I managed to snag a copy of the "Shell Welder" model kit. Now I need to get the materials needed to complete the kit and to cut it down to the waterline as well.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!

Return to “Prototypes / Models”