CFR class 60 from mtb

Marquette

CFR class 60 from mtb

Post by Marquette »

I see the Romanian class 60 diesel on mtb's website, but I can't seem to find it anywhere else. Has this been released? Or is it already discontinued?
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
http://espeett.blogspot.com/

CFRiad

Re: CFR class 60 from mtb

Post by CFRiad »

It has been released more than two years ago and these may be the last few left over.

The two-tone grey paint scheme was the only one from the early 60s to the late 90s. The white body with blue cabs is the current livery of the government-owned passenger operator. The bumblebee colours are from current private freight operators.
Last edited by CFRiad on Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

CFRiad

Post by CFRiad »

And when I say that the two-tone grey was the “only” colour scheme, I mean it loosely. The colours varied slightly depending on which paint was on sale at any given time.

Richard-B

Post by Richard-B »

CFRiad wrote: The colours varied slightly depending on which paint was on sale at any given time.
This is S-o-o-o true, typical of many railroads, and seemingly little understood by many modelers.

I have a box car specification document that lists 16 acceptable suppliers of a single specific color;
What are the chances they were all identical on day one, much less in 1, 5 or 10 years!!!
Richard Brennan - http://www.tt-west.com
Somewhere between San Francisco and Budapest...

CFRiad

Post by CFRiad »

CFRiad wrote:The two-tone grey paint scheme was the only one from the early 60s to the late 90s.
Caution: after looking at this with glasses on something else than a phone screen, I realized that this model is not the real deal from the 60s to the 90s. This is an "homage" paint job and the engine is a current (period 6) unit from the government-owned freight operator. It has no cast-iron number plates and the new 12-digit craziness is stencilled on instead, along with the tricolour CFR Marfă logo. More importantly, it is missing the essential extra-wide-font brushed-aluminum CFR lettering on the sides. Also the black/white/black stripe seems a bit too thick on the model, but this can be forgiven.

The whole livery should have looked like this:
cfr_060da.jpg

Return to “Prototypes / Models”