Budd RDC drawings

Murad

Budd RDC drawings

Post by Murad »

Hi there!

Looking for a good RDC drawing. Found some on the internet but they are pretty basic. Is there any source of high quality drawings?
PRR fan from Russia =)
TiTan downunder

Re: Budd RDC drawings

Post by TiTan downunder »

My old magazine data index says there is a 5 part series of articles in Mainline Modeler, 1991, Jan, Feb, May, June & July issues. These usually have line drawings of sides, roof, underfloor and seating arrangements with some measurements for you to work things out.
Somewhere, somewhere in my buried archives I have drawings and articles on the 3 x RDC-1's that the Commonwealth Railways of South Australia imported in the early 1950's.
There is also the book " Budd Car, The RDC Story" by Chuck Crouse, published by Weekend Chief Publishing Co, Mineola NY, 1990.

Ian
MacG

Post by MacG »

In the book "Loco 1 - The Diesel" is a Budd RDC-4 with a similar quality to Mainline Modeler. Also at the issues Model Railroader September 1953 and Railroad Model Craftsman January 1952. Unfortunately, all three are not in my possession.

A book I don't know, "Santa Fe Car and Locomotive Plans for Model Railroaders" lists Road Numbers DC-191 and DC-192. I think with drawings of the well know quality.

Otherwise, I also know only simple schemes at the CNRHA. RDC-2, RDC-3, and RDC-4.
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:
TheKnighTT

Post by TheKnighTT »

The H.P. Products catalogue has a drawing, it's already tt scale.
But I can't help you with a more detailed one, sorry.
Attachments
20210806_145944.jpg
Murad

Post by Murad »

TheKnighTT wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:04 am The H.P. Products catalogue has a drawing, it's already tt scale.
But I can't help you with a more detailed one, sorry.
Wow! didn't see this catalog! I have 1952 catalog, but there is no RDC there ))

By the way it was a great idea. Hal should put this model in production!
PRR fan from Russia =)
Murad

Post by Murad »

MacG wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:43 am In the book "Loco 1 - The Diesel" is a Budd RDC-4 with a similar quality to Mainline Modeler. Also at the issues Model Railroader September 1953 and Railroad Model Craftsman January 1952. Unfortunately, all three are not in my possession.

A book I don't know, "Santa Fe Car and Locomotive Plans for Model Railroaders" lists Road Numbers DC-191 and DC-192. I think with drawings of the well know quality.

Otherwise, I also know only simple schemes at the CNRHA. RDC-2, RDC-3, and RDC-4.
Got the "Loco 1 - The Diesel" book. Google was more useful )) It's much easer and cheaper to find better quality drawing online )
PRR fan from Russia =)

Return to “Prototypes / Models”