Brawa E95 model 53001

dileTTante

Re: Brawa E95 model 53001

Post by dileTTante »

Robert, if you're coming to the next show, consider joining us on the other side of the table. And bring your E95.

BTTB Fan

Post by BTTB Fan »

The subsequent conversation is now a separate thread here, just to keep this thread model-related.
Alexei

Whity

Post by Whity »

E95 02 DR art.11210

j p

Post by j p »

I don't like the messed up logo on the old DRG version. It might have been caused by some law?

Our local railway club repaired an old little diesel switcher and repainted it to the scheme of its first owner - which was German Luftwaffe. No problems with the logo. http://www.jernbanen.dk/Fotos/Motor/DSB ... 2_2010.jpg

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

j p wrote:I don't like the messed up logo on the old DRG version. It might have been caused by some law?
I may not be correct but I think it is illegal to use things like swastika and other Nazi related emblems.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.

j p

Post by j p »

ConducTTor wrote:
j p wrote:I don't like the messed up logo on the old DRG version. It might have been caused by some law?
I may not be correct but I think it is illegal to use things like swastika and other Nazi related emblems.
Nazi ideology should be illegal, not any symbols. Symbols themselves do not make any harm. I checked Wiki and it says that the symbol is outlawed in Germany. Btw, it is Hindu and Buddhist symbol + one of Chinese characters. Stolen and abused by Nazis.

LVG1

Post by LVG1 »

More than half of mankind lives in cultural environments, where the swastika is initially, tranditionally a symbol of fortune. And exactly this is the reason why Hitler chose this symbol for his purposes.

In principle the swasika is illicit in Germany. But there's an exception: You are permitted to use this symbol to portray historical truth correctly. So model railway is kind of grey area because prototypical model railways are a representation of historical truth.
But in Germany a very paranoid way of handling World War II related subjects is usual. So hardly any model railway manufacturer dares to use this disputed symbol.
"Let's eat, grandpa."
Punctuation marks save lives!

Return to “Brawa TT Scale Models”