Tillig Bedding Track Unavailable?

railtwister

Tillig Bedding Track Unavailable?

Post by railtwister »

What’s up with Tillig’s TT Gauge bedding track? Most of the 30 degree curved track sections (both brown and/or gray) on Tillig’s website are listed as “unavailable”. Does this mean that they are discontinued? I was looking to get a couple of concentric loops of 30 degree sections of track in the maximum radius that I can fit on a table one meter wide. Hopefully, someone who lives in Germany is familiar with this apparent shortage and can shed some light on the problem.

Bill in FtL

Rich1853

Re: Tillig Bedding Track Unavailable?

Post by Rich1853 »

Hello Bill, IMO I think they are stepping up productions for the Holliday season.
This hobby shop in Germany that I purchased all of my track sets and tracks has the R396 Grey as a reservation. I seen that last year too as it was a brand new item in 2019, later in the year I got notified that it became available.
https://www.modellbahnshop-lippe.com/Ac ... 13549.html
Rich1853
Greetings from Melbourne, Florida USA
On the Space Coast of Florida

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

Could also be manufacturing/shipping delays.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.

TheKnighTT

Post by TheKnighTT »

mein-mbs.de, former Modellbahnshop-Sebnitz, is well stocked. They have almost everything in stock.
The 3 radius R396 was new in 2019, it might not be available yet. Mein-Mbs gives it as "in stock from manufacturer" but that might be too optimistic an answer.

MacG

Post by MacG »

Also stocked at elriwa.de.
They have no indication of the amount of shipping costs to North America. Only a link to DHL. There it is explained that DHL is shipping with sea/ocean freight since September 15th. Transit times of at least 25 to 30 days.
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:

Bruno Strasser

Post by Bruno Strasser »

I am guessing this is an issue caused by the pandemic. Looks like my plans will have to be put on hold again.

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

Bruno Strasser wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:38 am
I am guessing this is an issue caused by the pandemic. Looks like my plans will have to be put on hold again.
What country are you in?
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.

Rich1853

Post by Rich1853 »

MSL store lists in stock (green dot) online and store
Article number 83770 r396 30° gray bedding curve track
https://www.modellbahnshop-lippe.com/Ac ... 13549.html

Shipping fixed price 27.50 Euros to United States and Canada
IIRC my orders the last one in 2019 took about a week to arrive via DHL or UPS
Rich1853
Greetings from Melbourne, Florida USA
On the Space Coast of Florida

railtwister

Post by railtwister »

I sent an email inquiry trying to buy some Tillig TT Bedding track back a couple of months ago when they had a track sale. They never responded to my email. It’s a shame that our TT-Tracks standard requires the Bedding Track while Tillig has no interest in selling their products to the USA. I dusted off some of my old N scale T-TRAK modules instead, and just put TT Scale on the back burner. I would love to get enough of the track to build four corners and a few straight modules but Sebnitz never seems to enough quantities on hand to fill one order. The cost of German shipping to the USA makes backorders and multiple shipments unfeasible.

I can see blaming this on Covid if everything had to go on passenger jets when so many aren’t flying, but hey, DHL has their own planes that don’t carry passengers, yet they say they are shipping ocean freight because of Covid...

Bruno Strasser

Post by Bruno Strasser »

I am in the UK - but no supplies here either.

Return to “General Discussion”