Post by AstroGoat760 »

Status Report: 15January2020 - Supplemental
1.) TT Scale Displays xx/02
2.) TT Scale Locomotives xx/06
3.) TT Scale Figures 24/120
4.) TT Scale Modules xx/04
5.) TT Scale Structures xx/12
6.) TT Scale MOW Equipment 04/12

Two more HP Products Cabooses have been fitted with knuckle couplers, with one in the process of getting a brakeman figure prepped for the cupola:
20200115_221538.jpg
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!

Bigelov

Re: AstroGoat and CaTTwoman's 2020 TT Scale Resolutions

Post by Bigelov »

Hey Astro, (or do you prefer Goat?)

Its inspiring seeing you set a goal/resolution for the year and work towards it. I always have some projects on the go but no concrete goals set.
I look forward to seeing all those projects come together. keep up the good work :thumbup:
Steve B
Russia in Narrow Gauge
Bigelov's Flickr Account

AstroGoat760

Post by AstroGoat760 »

Bigelov wrote:Hey Astro, (or do you prefer Goat?)

Its inspiring seeing you set a goal/resolution for the year and work towards it. I always have some projects on the go but no concrete goals set.
I look forward to seeing all those projects come together. keep up the good work :thumbup:
Hello,

I prefer Astro for short, as there is also a member here named TinGoat, which could cause some confusion.

I find that setting goals is a helpful way to get "competitive" with one's self to get stuff done.

Due to injuries that I sustained in an on-base accident when I was in the US Navy in 2008, I used to be very VERY angry all the time, and my original name here was "AngrySailor302", which referred to my default mood, the fact that I was in the US Navy, and the engine displacement of the first truck that I had. Following a series of surgeries to try to correct and minimize the damage done in 2008, my pain levels reduced majorly, to the point that I was not explosively angry all the time. This led to a resolution to update my name here and to have a better outlook on life. In the same stroke, I resolved to get a college degree and to be more active in TT Scale. To that effect, I have recently completed my Master's Degree in General Business, as well as established and continued the annual resolutions that my family and I have been working on in TT Scale.

I try to find things that I need to improve upon each year, and base goals on that. This year, the goal is to make a better show of performance in regards to train shows. I hope to be able to make the 2020 NTS (still waiting for approval from the NMRA on that).

If there is any help that I can provide, please let me know.

AstroGoat760

Post by AstroGoat760 »

The HP 4-6-2 is running very smoothly now, which had led to the decision point of what livery to use for the locomotive. Any suggestions?

AstroGoat760

Post by AstroGoat760 »

Here is some of the work being done to the cabooses that have been fitted with couplers:
20200119_191704.jpg
The idea is to decal them up in a similar fashion as the Chessie System safety cabooses.

AstroGoat760

Post by AstroGoat760 »

This past week has been GREAT as far as getting things coordinated for displaying TT Scale at various shows in the area.

We are set for three shows this spring: one in Sioux Falls, SD (March, 2020), and two shows in St. Paul, MN (Feb-Mar 2020 and May 2020) as well.

Tentatively, we will return to Sioux Falls, SD in November 2020 for another show.

It is indeed very splendid to have enough running TT Scale motive power to support being able to focus on operations and displays of TT Scale!

AstroGoat760

Post by AstroGoat760 »

Status Report: 26January2020
2.) TT Scale Locomotives 01/06
5.) TT Scale Structures xx/12

The first engine to complete outshopping at the Gus Harkness Memorial Locomotive Works (Actually, Gus Harkness is very much still alive, but that is a joke for another day) is a HP Products E-7B. All that is left is selection and application of paint and decals, as well as new couplers for the fore and aft of the loco. I consider it showable in the dark grey primer that it is in now.

AstroGoat760

Post by AstroGoat760 »

The 4-6-2 that is approaching completion of outshopping will be a SOO Line locomotive, road number remains to be seen.

It turns out that the Soo Line used to serve Bemidji, MN (where I live at now), so it makes sense to me to model the Soo.

AstroGoat760

Post by AstroGoat760 »

Status Report: 26January2020
2.) TT Scale Locomotives 01/06
5.) TT Scale Structures 01/12

The first North American Proto TT Structure for 2020 is effectively done: A trackside warehouse. There are a few details left to add (and a coat of paint for the roof and trim), but it is displayable as-is right now:
20200203_141229.jpg
20200203_141219.jpg

AstroGoat760

Post by AstroGoat760 »

Regarding motive power:

A quartet of HP Products locomotives are in the early rebuild phase, a 4-8-2 with rod issues, the Canadian-style 2-8-2 (light), and a pair of HP 0-6-0s.

The 4-8-2 and one of the 0-6-0s will become Soo Line locomotives, whilst the 2-8-2 will become a Canadian Pacific loco, whilst the second 0-6-0 remains to be seen as to what road it will be made in, although I will not rule out Soo Line as well.

Return to “General Discussion”