TT Scale Wish List

jaycello

Re: TT Scale Wish List

Post by jaycello » Thu May 11, 2023 10:12 am

RodTT wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 2:54 pm I'd have 50ft boxcars, post-roofwalk era, Chessie, Conrail or CSX.
Alco S4 or RS3.
I'm not interested in passenger cars with the exception maybe of a Budd RDC.
Finally (it is a wish list after all) - locos to cost no more than $200 each.
Thanks for replying. 50' boxcars are already prepared for production and will be available in the first run. It will be available with either Youngstown of panel doors. An RS3 is on the radar, but probably not until 2024. My goal is to keep each locomotive under $200, which thus far, for the domestic market at least, seems doable. The GP30 which will come out first will absolutely be under $200. I'll know how far under by August. Release should be in September.

AstroGoat760

Post by AstroGoat760 » Thu May 11, 2023 11:15 am

jaycello wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:55 amThanks for helping clarify. I've started collecting materials to produce an RS3. I hope that would be in your wheelhouse. If you have other suggestions/desires, just let me know.
Oh, yeah! I would LOVE an RS-3!

In fact, my first cab ride in a locomotive was in the RS-3 that belonged to the New Haven Railroad at the Naugatuck Railroad in CT years ago.
Life is short, play with TT Scale Trains!

j p

Post by j p » Thu May 11, 2023 6:32 pm

jaycello wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:55 am Thanks for helping clarify. I've started collecting materials to produce an RS3. I hope that would be in your wheelhouse. If you have other suggestions/desires, just let me know.

Superliners are a project near and dear to my heart. I can't promise them this summer, but know that they're in the works.
Again, I have to repeat my wish: could you please prioritize new models? E.g. something not available in TT scale yet? Alco RS3 is nice, of course, but everyone who wanted it could get it. I remember advertizing for it here on the board when trying to get enough people for a repeated production run. (I missed the 1st run.)

Maybe I would buy yet another RS3 if you make it in PRR version with Train Phone antenna, but those 4 RS3s I have may be enough. Would you make something else first?
Wish list for Alco:
4-6-4 Hudson
4-8-2 Mohawk
4-8-4 Niagara
Alco Century 628 and 630 (SP, UP, PRR, CN, CPR and others)
I could use 2 Alco PB units too :)

Cheers Jan

jaycello

Post by jaycello » Thu May 11, 2023 7:17 pm

j p wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:32 pm
jaycello wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:55 am Thanks for helping clarify. I've started collecting materials to produce an RS3. I hope that would be in your wheelhouse. If you have other suggestions/desires, just let me know.

Superliners are a project near and dear to my heart. I can't promise them this summer, but know that they're in the works.
Again, I have to repeat my wish: could you please prioritize new models? E.g. something not available in TT scale yet?
Thus why I began this thread. I'm trying to see where people have a need and trying to fill that need. I'm 3D printing models using DLP and SLA technology to make sure the resulting models are of sufficiently high quality. As for the 3D models I'm printing from, they're all my own creations. Each is cross references against scale drawings available as well as photographs of prototypes. In cases where I can (freight cars) I'm trying to make them in multiple versions to try and make everyone happy. For locomotives, I'm trying to stick with the most commonly chosen options. I know not everyone will be happy, but I'm hoping to fill gaps as I am able. And because I'm printing most of them myself I can keep the overhead down.

I have steam locomotives on my radar of models to design, but my first run models will be freight cars. Shortly after will come several new diesels and the first run of passenger cars. I'm targeting Spring 2024 to release at least one steam locomotive, though I will most likely be sticking with USRA designs in order to provide the most universal designs. All models will come undecorated for the forseeable future, so no one has to worry about having the wrong road name.

I will certainly put a century series in the mix. I like the challenge of designing new drive mechanisms.

sacto-tt

Post by sacto-tt » Thu May 11, 2023 11:50 pm

My wish list has the SD7/9 at the top. It is a great 6 axle locomotive that is still in service today in a few places. Great for lumber trains or other heavy loads. Used to see them all the time when I was a kid. A number of popular roads owned them and the later variants (SD18/24) were owned by Santa Fe and UP.
-Joe-

j p

Post by j p » Fri May 12, 2023 5:35 pm

jaycello wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:17 pm
Thus why I began this thread. I'm trying to see where people have a need and trying to fill that need. I'm 3D printing models using DLP and SLA technology to make sure the resulting models are of sufficiently high quality. As for the 3D models I'm printing from, they're all my own creations. Each is cross references against scale drawings available as well as photographs of prototypes. In cases where I can (freight cars) I'm trying to make them in multiple versions to try and make everyone happy. For locomotives, I'm trying to stick with the most commonly chosen options. I know not everyone will be happy, but I'm hoping to fill gaps as I am able. And because I'm printing most of them myself I can keep the overhead down.

I have steam locomotives on my radar of models to design, but my first run models will be freight cars. Shortly after will come several new diesels and the first run of passenger cars. I'm targeting Spring 2024 to release at least one steam locomotive, though I will most likely be sticking with USRA designs in order to provide the most universal designs. All models will come undecorated for the forseeable future, so no one has to worry about having the wrong road name.

I will certainly put a century series in the mix. I like the challenge of designing new drive mechanisms.
Thank you for the explanantion. I like the concept very much. Based on the pictures you have posted earlier, I think that it would be an advantage if some sort of cooperation could be established.
- 3D design tricks for successful 3D print (I use DLP printer Anycubic Photon+ and Autodesk Inventor for the design.)
- standardizing interfaces, inspired by Gold Coast's AAR 40' 1937 boxcar. If we have that, we could be able to swap parts of the models, and new variants could be created that way. I tried that with the Viking roof for the Gold Coast's injection moulded kit, but it could be done better if everything was 3D printed
- coordinating the selection of prototypes to avoid double work. (for cars only)

/ Jan

jaycello

Post by jaycello » Sun May 14, 2023 11:53 am

Here are some pre-production samples to whet your whistle.
IMG_0166.jpg
IMG_0168.jpg
IMG_0170.jpg
IMG_0171.jpg
IMG_0173.jpg

MacG

Post by MacG » Sun May 14, 2023 12:31 pm

Like others said: More from everything.

My wishlist would be:
  • every freight car is welcome
  • an ALCO C628 high nose
  • St. Louis Car Co. or Pullman-Standard Gallery cars (bi-level commuter cars)
Your pre-production samples look good. It is quite similar to a GE44ton.
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:

MNS_fan

Post by MNS_fan » Tue May 23, 2023 5:44 pm

I model a rural CNW branch line in early 70's so i would need a lot of 40' boxcars of all makes and models, would like to see some hoppers like a candian slab side hopper, or some p-s ribside hoppers, and would like to see some 8k & 12k gallon tank cars.

Marquette

Post by Marquette » Fri May 26, 2023 12:51 am

SD7/9 would be of interest here, too (SP), but I'd also be up for an SP U-Boat, too... PFE reefers of any type that were around in the late 60s... and same with boxcars... if it was around in the later 1960s I could be tempted.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
http://espeett.blogspot.com/

Return to “General Discussion”