Post by ConducTTor »

55 Euro? No thanks.

I use MSL and these guys https://www.modellbahnwelt24.de/

They both remove VAT automatically.
:wave:

dileTTante

Re: Modellbahnshop Sebnitz

Post by dileTTante »

On 6 May I registered at MBS Modell + Spiel GmbH and ordered a wagon from Schirmer, a locomotive from Kuehn, a car from MTB, and a couple turnout kits from Tillig.

I got an email saying the order was ready, but it was only the turnouts. The other items needed to be brought in for shipping later. Delivery cost for turnouts was 97 euros.

I told them that was crazy. They agreed to wait and send everything together at one time.
A day later they sent an email saying they had no information about availability of products from Schirmer. Rather than wait indefinitely I removed that item from the order.
Next day another email said the locomotive from Kuehn was sold out. I changed that for a locomotive from Tillig and added two decoders. They said those items were in stock.

The good part is that the representative, Kevin Pilkowsky, has English, which made things a lot easier.
The other good thing is that the Canadian dollar is better against the Euro.

Now, a month later, the order was sent. I assume the wait was for the item from MTB. Their latest email said that covid made premium shipping impossible so there would be delays. But a note from DHL says they are the shippers. If they are not a premium shipper, they at least have premium prices.

Recent news item--
Courier giant DHL padded own pockets with 'hidden fees,' class action alleges
Proposed lawsuit includes anyone who has paid courier giant's 'processing fees'
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/dhl-cl ... -1.5987195

- Terry C

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

That's crazy expensive shipping :o

I just (a couple of weeks ago) placed and received an order from Modelbahnshop Lippe and shipping was 26 Euro. That's for a locomotive, two cars and, a bunch of Auhagen stuff.

MacG

Post by MacG »

The DHL Service Premium means: The parcel with this service is given priority and always transported by the fastest route. Your parcel always takes the next possible flight or truck to the destination and is also given priority in the destination country. This means it reaches its destination much faster. This is mostly impossible due to the pandemic.

I think they didn't get good terms from DHL for international shipping to North America. A private Premium Service package sent with DHL up to 5kg costs 54€ and that up to 10kg 88€. Commercial shipping is actually cheaper. See the package Alex received. That was probably also without the Premium Service surcharge.
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

My package (26 Euro) arrived yesterday. 4 days after they had all the items in stock and shipped it :o I'm shocked honestly with the way things are in the world right now. It was actually faster than things I've bought from right here in USA. Maybe some shipping worker made a mistake and sent my package "1st class overnight highest ever priority asap direct flight" :lol:

Rich1853

Post by Rich1853 »

All my orders from Modelbahnshop Lippe from the last 3 years was a flat shipping rate (26 or 27 euros) and arrived to me in Florida about a week later. It is the only mail order store I ever delt with from overseas. Friendly emails when I changed an item.
Rich1853
Greetings from Melbourne, Florida USA
On the Space Coast of Florida

Return to “General Discussion”