//S

Christtking

Re: KUEHN Y/B 70 cosmetic outer body alterations

Post by Christtking »

To CSD: I can not open the attachment.

Christtking

Post by Christtking »

This is how the original Kuehn bogie looks like on a Y/B70 passenger car.
This is how the original Kuehn bogie looks like on a Y/B70 passenger car.
This is how it looks like after modification (s).  The holes in the bogies were moulded for a reason. To adapt later on dynamos (if applicable). These holes can be covered (if not used) with round shape styrene rods and color painted to match.
This is how it looks like after modification (s). The holes in the bogies were moulded for a reason. To adapt later on dynamos (if applicable). These holes can be covered (if not used) with round shape styrene rods and color painted to match.
DSCF2630.JPG
DSCF2631.JPG
Note: This modification (masking some areas then paint over each individual brass contact strip) will apply to all the coaches manufactured by Kuehn, not only type Y/B70 (as shown in my photos). Please pay close attention to the colour of the bogie (s). For example black (satin): Some double deckers, some SILBERLINGE and so far mostly Y/B70 coaches. Use proper paint for other coaches in order to match the right colour. For example: The SILBERLINGE cars with umber coloured bottoms and bogies, use anodized bronze or burnt umber. For the CD double deckers (gray bogies) I will have to do some research since I do not own such models.

Christtking

Post by Christtking »

DSCF2856.JPG
DSCF2857.JPG
DSCF2858.JPG
DSCF2860.JPG
Different views of the braking system. 2 different styrene rod sizes were used, spray painted, bonded and installed
Different views of the braking system. 2 different styrene rod sizes were used, spray painted, bonded and installed

Return to “Kuehn TT Scale Models”