TT Scale LINKS - all the TT links you need!

LVG1

Re: TT Scale LINKS - all the TT links you need!

Post by LVG1 »

Christtking wrote:...from Modellbahn Guben IMA Koeln 2014. Don't drool! :grin:
So, you've finally found my club... :grin:
Modellbahn-Club Guben e. V.

But that's our old layout. Its successor is almost finished... :whistle:
Unfortunately, the club concentrates on big and eye-catching and neglects details. That's what I don't like about the club and about this layout. :(
"Let's eat, grandpa."
Punctuation marks save lives!

LVG1

Post by LVG1 »

Christtking wrote:You are a member or the owner of that club?
Member—not owner!
Christtking wrote:I am pretty sure that with time you guys will fill it out with a lot of details. It takes time, nothing was built over night.
We started to build this layout eventually back in the 1990's. Now it can be considered to be finished.

There's a mentality among the most influential members to install lots of eye-catchers.
...a drive-in cinema (illegally showing movies publicly :shh: ), lovers in action (nothing for American understanding of moral), an UFO and things like those.

But they completely neglect the true model-railroaders' skills:
  • The track plan is designed for smooth operation only, but not for plausibility.
  • There are lots of tight curves without transition bends and the like. It looks terrible when trains enter curves at their usual (high) speed.
  • Landscape is considered to be secondary. A valley without outward flow next to never happens in nature. And areas showing natural vegetal cover are clearly too uniform to make the designation "natural" plausible.
  • Anything aside from rails and eye-catchers simply lacks in phantasy...
No I've seen clearly better creations...
But the eye-catchers make the layout popular, although...
Christtking wrote:How much money (guesstimate) a layout (without the trains, cars, etc) that size would cost (Euro/US$)? 30-40 K?
I don't know. I'ld have to ask our "minister of finance"; for the recent 2 decades, we've documented our expenses relatively detailed.
But I think, your guess is relatively realistic...
"Let's eat, grandpa."

LVG1

Post by LVG1 »

Yes, may be. The sad thing is:
It's a relatively large club. We have more than 30 members. These members have all different skills. So all skills necessary for a really great layout are available within this club. But decisions are made by a small "elite", while those members with experience and skills who could improve the decisions made for more quality get regularly presented with a fait accompli.

By the way:
In my eyes, the most important detail of this layout is the Faller CarSystem. It was installed from the beginning on. That time, it was only offered in H0 scale. So we purchased chassis of the smallest H0 vehicles offered by Faller and altered them and made TT scale trucks and busses of them.
When we ordered more and more chassis, Faller became curious. So we told them what we did and sent them photos and videos. They were so impressed that they decided to follow this course. So we were the reason why Faller offered their first TT-scale vehicles for their CarSystem.
"Let's eat, grandpa."

LVG1

Post by LVG1 »

Oh, Faller did not ignore us.
On opposite, they even sent us pre-production models of their first TT-scale busses for their CarSystem.
"Let's eat, grandpa."

Arseny

Post by Arseny »

http://www.corvairunderground.com/mls.htm - Model Logging Supply - Logging Camp bunk houses

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

Added - thx.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.

sman

Post by sman »

Hi Guys, just over a week ago I ordered a couple little bits from a place called Model Mania in Poland..
www.modelmania.com.pl

Shipped on the 2nd, arrived (Melbourne, Australia) today (11th), call me impressed. Well packaged and everything arrived in one piece. I ordered only a couple of things that were labelled as in stock.

No English version of the site, but there is a Google translate option in the top left menu which works surprisingly well. Also, the order/payment/shipping confirmation emails are sent in Polish. If you use gMail, there is an option to easily translate the contents of the message as you read it, otherwise you'd have to copy the text and use google translate in a separate window. I tried both out of interest to see how accurate they would be, and it worked quite well.

My only criticism is that there was only one shipping option (to Australia at least), 3kg parcel. Which is a bit overkill if you just want to order a couple of small bits (as I did since it was my first time there). But if you order a reasonable amount of things then it works out ok. There was some track & trace capability but only as far as departing the capital, which was really the main thing anyway.

Will post some pics of the toys somewhere later on :grin:
I will definitely shop there again. There is some PKP rolling stock there I have my eyes on :drool:

Anyway, might be worth adding this site to the list as well.

Cheers,
Henryk.
Henryk

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

^^^ added - thx
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.

Arseny

Post by Arseny »

http://gcmini.mybigcommerce.com/15mm/ - "15mm" wargame buildings, I suppose suitable for TT
Last edited by Arseny on Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arseny

Post by Arseny »

http://www.clevermodels.net/ - paper buildings kits, can be rescaled to TT
http://www.scalemodelplans.com/ - paper buildings kits, can be rescaled to TT

Return to “Links”