TT Empire Newsletter

oldtrainguy

TT Empire Newsletter

Post by oldtrainguy »

The TT Empire newsletter is now a free quarterly electronic newletter.

You can subscribe by going to the TT Empire web site: http://www.ttempire.org/

They would also like people to submit articles, pictures etc.
Don

AstroGoat760

Re: TT Empire Newsletter

Post by AstroGoat760 »

I have my electronic copy, and am looking forward to seeing what the future holds for TT Empire (and TT Scale in general)!
Life is short, play with TT Scale Trains!

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

So, I'm wondering what the illustrious editor is smoking.

Example 1 taken directly from the current issue: "Over the last few years it seems that there is now less available
in the area of new items." To say that this puzzles me would be an understatement.

Example 2 also taken directly from the current issue: "The TT Empire is not in competition as one other TT
Web site seems to think". It does not require a stretch of the imagination to figure out what the "other TT Web site" is. If this website (me) thought we were in competition, the above posts would not have been allowed.

If anyone can shed some light on the above I'd appreciate it - because I'm stumped.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.

j p

Post by j p »

Yes, the statement "Over the last few years it seems that there is now less available in the area of new items." is hmmm... politely said controversial.
We have got the most new TT-scale RTR models and kits during the last few years since 1960s! How can that be "less available"?
I think that the editor owes an apology to MTB, SazModel, Zeuke-TT, GoldCoast/Lok-n-Roll and many others. And that is only when considering North American TT-scale. If we take the TT-scale in general (incl. Europe), we have more available in the area of new items than ever before.

- Jan

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

ttoldguy wrote:
ConducTTor wrote:So, I'm wondering what the illustrious editor is smoking.

Example 1 taken directly from the current issue: "Over the last few years it seems that there is now less available
in the area of new items." To say that this puzzles me would be an understatement.

Example 2 also taken directly from the current issue: "The TT Empire is not in competition as one other TT
Web site seems to think". It does not require a stretch of the imagination to figure out what the "other TT Web site" is. If this website (me) thought we were in competition, the above posts would not have been allowed.

If anyone can shed some light on the above I'd appreciate it - because I'm stumped.
Alex: You are more than welcome to submit a Letter To The Editor for any reason you feel is needed. I will not modify, censor or change the letter in any way. All I ask is that you be adult in your submission and eliminate the childish references. Your letter will appear in the December 2015 issue and any responses from the subscribers will appear in the March issue. Should I deem a response is required it will appear in December. I will await your Email to the TT Empire Email address.
Nah.

I look forward to whatever you have planned to help the scale grow!
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.

oldtrainguy

Post by oldtrainguy »

You should get an email with a link to where you can download the issue.
Don

j p

Post by j p »

My observation is the opposite. There are so many new models that I am not able to build them all. Only the Pennsy Congo itself has 7 different types of cars. My observation may be biased by Chris' models, of course. I have never had so many models "in progress" as during the last few years.
Regarding Ingo's kits: the quality of the kits may be excellent but it is difficult to sell if the customer does not know about them. Have you got a catalog of his models? I have tried to order his RS3 through Michael (Art&Detail), no progress so far...
Simply producing the same models and road names year after year leads to less and less sales and eventually the discontinuance of the line.
Who is producing the same models and road names year after year in NA TT scale? Nobody does.
there has to be variety and quantities for modelers to purchase.
Yes, every time I try to convince people to make something new instead of another version of something we already have, I get flamed. I try to help with the variety by making lettering for the existing models - that adds some variety and helps the manufacturers to sell more undecorated kits.
A kit may be available later. I would not promise when. Most of the newly added TT scale models are "too new" for me. I need something for the transition era.

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

Ingo's kits are not announced anywhere. Al lets us know from time to time. I have an RS 3 ordered from Ingo for 4 years now. Any of the stuff on his site that I want is not available. The frets may be fantastic but when you can't get them, it doesn't matter.

If he wanted to sell more, he could regularly post here and keep us updated about what is available and what isn't. Advertising on this site is free and never considered spam (this is a well known fact). So let's go back to the "business 101" that you mention: if you don't advertise and/or have inventory to sell, you're effed.

CSD

Post by CSD »

ConducTTor wrote:... taken directly from the current issue...
j p wrote:Yes, the statement "Over the last few years it seems that there is now less available in the area of new items." is hmmm... politely said controversial...
ttoldguy wrote:... I stand by my statement...
It is important to remember that the Empire is an editorial not a news publication. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Mark
//S

Return to “Links”