A shift of priorities

AstroGoat760

Re: A shift of priorities

Post by AstroGoat760 »

ConducTTor wrote:Now don't get me wrong. I'm not saying "they need to stay away because they are old school". I'd love to have them here to discuss the old stuff. Hell, look at 'Sailor - he's got tons of older stuff and plenty of conversations gets started around his items and there is plenty of interest in them. The difference is that he's also embracing the new.

I would absolutely LOVE to see some pics posted of those Yahoo group guys' layouts and models. I've seen maybe 5 pics total in my life of US proto tt scale. But they don't wanna.

They kept the scale alive in the dark days. They should be a part of coming out of the dark.
Thanks. That pretty well sums up my feelings about collecting, building, and running TT scale: keeping a foot firmly planted in the past, and the other in the future, so one can see where we have been, and where we are going.

It sure does seem like more progress is here than on the Yahoo groups, shoot, just how many cars are either available or in late development over just the last few months?

The future of TT scale definitely looks brighter, we just need to make sure the flame does not get put out.
Life is short, play with TT Scale Trains!

ctxmf74

Post by ctxmf74 »

Marquette wrote: There were a few other instances where I'd posted something on the subject of modern techniques for new TT stuff, and more often than not, it was completely ignored like the P:120 posting.
Haha, thet din't ignore me but they did tell me my comments on getting new manufacturers interested in TT scale were not welcome on their list anymore so I pulled my photos out of their album and moved over here....dave

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

ctxmf74 wrote:
Haha, thet din't ignore me but they did tell me my comments on getting new manufacturers interested in TT scale were not welcome on their list anymore so I pulled my photos out of their album and moved over here....dave
Now see, what the hell kind of crap is that? :naughty:
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

areibel wrote:.....he runs a small hobby shop....... he stocks some TT....
Mecca.
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.

jmass

Post by jmass »

i am not a technical guy. i could care less if wheelbases are not quite correct.its my thinking that interest could be garnered by going to forums like atlas n scales tt scale tread,where there seems to be a lot of members who are on the fence about the scale.the problem there is if they have any interest to check it out they often find sites that havent been updated in years, or sites with a t set on a table with cats chasing the trains around.i see ben(scaro) often on the site fighting the good fight, maybe if more of us posted and posted some pictures it might push those inclined to jump the fence.

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

I understand what you're saying about the Atlas guys. BUT, those guys won't make the switch until there is at least a decent amount of rolling stock readily available.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong though!

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

Well, this is degenerating quite nicely! I'm going to end and lock this discussion with the following:

The Yahooers maybe have a different view of things, different priorities, different ideas, etc, etc, etc.

I would love to have them here. We are moving forward with or without.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Return to “Links”