The new banner

Board rules and such. Read before posting.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Re: The new banner

Post by ConducTTor »

As to the question of why I am breaking my own rules and making a political statement, that is also a simple answer: because things don't change unless enough people stand up and say "this is not ok".
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.

dileTTante

Post by dileTTante »

TTNut with old banner = 100%
TTNut with new banner = 200%
Thank you for TTNut. Thank you for taking a stand.
- Terry C

CFRiad

Post by CFRiad »

I must say my two cents worth...

1. Alex,
Good for you, please keep the banner. It's important to take a stand.

2. Also Alex,
Exactly because over the years you were a reasonable and fair administrator, my first thought after reading your post was how bad the situation must be to make even you break the site rules and lose your cool.

3. For those of us living outside the US,
Let's be less judgmental about how our Americans friends feel and act. It is hard for us to understand fully what's at stake and the importance of all this to them.

4. Fellow TT modellers,
We all like our small 1:120 worlds where everything can be perfect and completely under our control. We think that if we protect it fiercely we can keep out the messiness of the real world. It is our escapism. There are times, however, when the messy outside world creeps or busts in and we cannot ignore it any more. Let's keep in mind the relative importance of things.
Last edited by CFRiad on Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.

tomvanhoy

Post by tomvanhoy »

I agree with CFRiad and dileTTante, Thanks for your input!

voyttek

Post by voyttek »

One does not have to live in the US to see what is going on; how democracy is slowly changing to dictatorship and different laws apply to white and black citizens.
I use to live in a communist country, and I can clearly see a totalitarian regime taking over. Silence equals approval of existing status quo.
Thank you Administrator for bringing this issue forward and thank you for your courage.

RodTT

Post by RodTT »

Reading my previous comments again a few days on do they sound rather petty. Alex is obviously deeply affected by the increasing racism and the way the US government is going and I fully sympathise. And as CFRiad says, sometimes you have to make a stand.
However, as a general comment I would say that the best way to counter noxious ideas like fascism, racism and hard-leftism is not by suppressing them but by letting them be aired and countering them in open debate. This is what anti-racist movements, like all political movements, should be about.
To make one further political comment - I would say that BLM doesn't go far enough. It needs to be part of a wider movement for working class emancipation in general. If that gets me into hot water with our admin, I'll take it on the chin!

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

RodTT wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:33 am
However, as a general comment I would say that the best way to counter noxious ideas like fascism, racism and hard-leftism is not by suppressing them but by letting them be aired and countering them in open debate.
I've spent 4 years attempting "open debate" with people. Ultimately, no one is interested. If you try to be pragmatic and find common ground, they view this as weakness and double-down on their opinions. If you try to argue with statistics and facts, they respond with conspiracy theories. It's a lost battle and I'm done with it.
RodTT wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:33 am
To make one further political comment - I would say that BLM doesn't go far enough. It needs to be part of a wider movement for working class emancipation in general.
The problem is that a large part of the working class is in support of racism, fascism, dictatorship. They don't see it as such but that's what it is. So the working class is its own worst enemy.
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

BTW, those of you outside the US should be concerned as well. Hitler wasn't a problem until he was. And the US has the biggest military and isn't poor like Germany was at the time so the potential damage is much greater. All it takes is for Putin or China to decide they don't like the orange guy and start going against him. Then he will respond like he responds to his own countrymen - with the military.

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

Bernd wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:31 am
WWG1WGA (If you don't know what that stands for Google it) The storm has arrived. "Q"
It stands for "you're an idiot".

Good luck with your fascism. It didn't end well the last time, this time will be no different.

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

For anyone else that decides to educate me on the "teachings of Q", I'll spare you the trouble.

I know Biden will make America communist. I know he will eat our children. I know Gates and Soros will implant mind control in all of us. I know the Earth is flat. I'm ok with all of that and whatever else loony insanity you're preaching.

Oh and yes, I am aware that Trump is Jesus 2020. All hail the king.

Return to “About The Board”