The new banner

Board rules and such. Read before posting.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

The new banner

Post by ConducTTor »

If you disagree, if you suck on the tit of the confederacy, or the c@ck of the orange dictator, get the f@ck off my site.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.

TiTan downunder

Re: The new banner

Post by TiTan downunder »

Has the site been hacked????

Ian

RodTT

Post by RodTT »

It's undoubtedly a political statement. I would have preferred "One world, one race".

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

krokodil wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:12 am
All lives matter, this is not a political,site, remove the Haggis.
Aaaaaand, you're gone. Thanks for playing.
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

TiTan downunder wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:14 am
Has the site been hacked????

Ian
Negative. Just standing up for basic human decency.

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

A friendly reminder: the internet is not a free place. Every website you're on, is owned by someone - that means you're on private property. You are a guest in someone's house. You don't have the right to do or say whatever you want in someone else's house. Well, you do, but the owner has the right to kick you out.

In the 11 years TT Nut has been active, I have never used my privilege as the owner of this property to remove someone for their views. However, the current circumstances have left me with a simple choice: do I stand up for values of decency and basic human rights or, do I turn a blind eye to hate and bigotry?

The Fish

Post by The Fish »

I agree with you sentiments, however your site is now world wide and we have our own issues, like in New Zealand there was the idiot who did not Muslims and went into the mosque and shot 60 odd.
I would prefer if the Banner said "ALL LIVES MATTER" with ALL in rainbow
regards
Ted

RodTT

Post by RodTT »

ConducTTor wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:11 am
A friendly reminder: the internet is not a free place. Every website you're on, is owned by someone - that means you're on private property. You are a guest in someone's house. You don't have the right to do or say whatever you want in someone else's house. Well, you do, but the owner has the right to kick you out.

In the 11 years TT Nut has been active, I have never used my privilege as the owner of this property to remove someone for their views. However, the current circumstances have left me with a simple choice: do I stand up for values of decency and basic human rights or, do I turn a blind eye to hate and bigotry?
And in the three years I've been a member of this forum you've come across as a reasonable and fair administrator.

But let me get this right - you broke your own rules to express a political view, then posted a message full of expletives, then expelled someone for daring to disagree? And you consider what krokodil said to be hate and bigotry? Is there something here that I don't understand?

I can understand your anger at how black people are treated, and your frustration with governments, and of course I think we all realise the website is your property, but you have apparently expelled someone just for disagreeing with you, apparently without warning, and for saying something completely innocuous.

Your forum is nothing without its members, especially the ones who make valuable contributions.

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

The Fish wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:29 pm
I agree with you sentiments, however your site is now world wide and we have our own issues, like in New Zealand there was the idiot who did not Muslims and went into the mosque and shot 60 odd.
I would prefer if the Banner said "ALL LIVES MATTER" with ALL in rainbow
regards
Ted
Yes. And no. The idiot in New Zealand is a nutcase who was immediately forsaken by everyone and is now heavily punished. There will always be "bad" people of all colors and backgrounds.

The difference is in how you deal with these people.

In America cops kill black people who are not attacking them or anyone else. People who in many cases are doing nothing wrong. And unless there are huge protests, these cops are usually not even fired or suspended. Let alone prosecuted. And in all cases the cops are protected as much as possible - even though there are plenty of videos showing exactly what they did. There is no question about what they did. They committed murder. This means the SYSTEM is ok with black being murdered. Do cops murder white people? Yes. But the statistics show clearly that the rate is way smaller. But anyone with eyeballs can see that without looking at statistics - just count how many videos you've seen of blacks getting murdered vs whites getting murdered. In many cases the suspects are seen subdued, handcuffed and begging to breathe. While being slowly murdered by a cop. If cops knew they would get in trouble for such things, they wouldn't do them. They don't even care that they're being filmed. Because they know that as long it's a black person they're murdering, the system will protect them. That's the problem. The system allows this.

Nobody is complaining about cops killing gang members or people who are threatening them. Because everyone knows that those people deserve it. People are complaining about unarmed, subdued, non-threatening blacks being shot and strangled to death.

"Black Lives Matter" does not mean that other lives don't. It means that right now (in this country) the lives of blacks are worth less than other lives.

There are many issues and human rights violations in the world. But I can only speak of what's happening in my country because I am not knowledgeable enough on all the issues everywhere to be comfortable making statements.

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

RodTT wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:03 am
Is there something here that I don't understand?
Perhaps? My thinking is very simple: we have people murdered for nothing else but their color. We have a president who calls white supremacists "fine people" (I can post exact tweets and videos of him making these statements). We have a president who vilifies everyone who is not his supporter - we're all scum and communists and un-American. We have a president who supports Confederate causes, monuments, beliefs. For those of you who are not from here, the Confederacy lost the civil war - their fight was for the right to keep slaves. He regularly retweets white supremacists. We have a president who not only welcomes outside governments' assistance in staying in power but seeks it. This is called treason. This is a president who de-funds the postal office so people can't vote against him unless they are ok risking becoming infected with Covid if they want to vote him out of power. "America first"? No. Orange "democratic" dictator first, America can Haggis itself. I can go on but I'll spare you. Long story short, if you support such a person, you are not welcome here. Take your fascist views somewhere else. In case you're wondering, krokodile is exactly such a person - I can post the emails he sent me.
RodTT wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:03 am
Your forum is nothing without its members, especially the ones who make valuable contributions.
Correct. Luckily I don't make money off it - it actually costs me. So if everyone decides to leave, that's fine. I'll shut it down and that will be the end of it. My life will go on and so will everyone else's.

Return to “About The Board”