Video - Cutting TT steel wheels

Re: Video - Cutting TT steel wheels

Postby Rob M » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:05 pm

I just checked and the CamBam software I use can do turning/lathe work but I've never done it and don't have a lathe to experiment with.
Rob M

Postby ConnRiver » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:25 pm

Rob M wrote:I just checked and the CamBam software I use can do turning/lathe work but I've never done it and don't have a lathe to experiment with.

You don't have a lathe?! With the quality of work you do, you OWE it to the rest of us to get one!

(vbg)

-Brian C.
Evansdale, Iowa
Brian Chapman
Cedar Rapids, Iowa / USA
ConnRiver

Postby Rob M » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:03 pm

Maybe some day I'll have one along with a mill. But then I would probably switch to live steam :silent:
Rob M

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:28 am

It would be interesting to do testing (by whoever -Brian?- has a lathe) on various wheel dimensions and their ability to track well on existing track from Tillig and Kuhn. I'm curious how far the realism of wheels can be pushed without having to design and manufacture all new track.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby ConnRiver » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:54 am

ConducTTor wrote:It would be interesting to do testing (by whoever -Brian?- has a lathe) on various wheel dimensions and their ability to track well on existing track from Tillig and Kuhn. I'm curious how far the realism of wheels can be pushed without having to design and manufacture all new track.

In my case, I'd be more than happy to work to this end one day. What I do so very poorly is focus on one project until it's done. I'm trying to do that right now with three projects . . . it's so darn difficult for me. If we're lucky, someone will jump in here before I can get to it.

But, I'm obsessed with wheels, and some time I will have to work with wheel cutting. If I get to it before someone else does, I'd like to get your advice, cut, then send you wheels for testing on your layout.

-Brian C.
Evansdale, Iowa
Brian Chapman
Cedar Rapids, Iowa / USA
ConnRiver

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:57 am

ConnRiver wrote:If I get to it before someone else does, I'd like to get your advice, cut, then send you wheels for testing on your layout.

-Brian C.
Evansdale, Iowa

Not a problem.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion