Vancouver train show March 2015

Re: Vancouver train show March 2015

Postby dileTTante » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:11 am

Our train show experience this time had a few contrasts - I had been up all night Friday desperately trying to get a simple working oval layout completed, and so was dead tired for the show Sunday, but still had a great time the entire day. And while the show seemed smaller and attendance down, we had a bigger display of TT which interested a lot of people. Tibi had to go out to print some more TT scale handouts. Then, to top it off, at the end of the day it was announced that Bjoern's GuiTTar Case had been voted best layout in the show.

Despite my fears, my new layout worked and everything ran properly. But it looked crude compared to Tibi's layout right beside it. He had done a wonderful job, and through the day was helpful and knowledgeable. It was his first time as a participant yet he was really well prepared.

One thing that hasn't improved at all was the lighting, and I in my fatigued condition ended up with very few good photos. One of them shows Voytek's BR65 by Gutzold which he's trying to sell, if anyone is interested. I have to apologize because my photos of Bill's layout turned out badly. I was trying to pan with the motion of the trains but after all these years have not learned that it's best just to stop the train for a pose. Therefore you don't get to see them. Fortunately Bill has taken his own photos (hopefully).

Bill Dixon's TTTracks set up worked well all day and it seemed like he had more time to spend with us apart from working next door at the Central Hobbies display. As usual he had arranged for our space at the show and name tags for all.

And I want to give credit to my friend Graeme. He models European HO, not TT, but for most of the shows he has come into town to help us and to get me to the show and back.

The whole thing reminded me of 'Guardians of the Galaxy' because everyone seemed to have distinctive talents to offer that are combined into an underdog team to promote TT scale. I enjoy being with all of them. So be warned -- all six of us are planning to be at the NMRA show in Portland, Oregon. The Guardians of TT.

-Terry C.
Attachments
DSC02819R.JPG
DSC02820R.JPG
DSC02824R.JPG
DSC02825R.JPG
DSC02826R.JPG
dileTTante

Postby dileTTante » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:16 am

Bigger than N, smaller than HO.
Attachments
DSC02827R.JPG
DSC02828R.JPG
DSC02829R.JPG
DSC02842R.JPG
DSC02845R.JPG
dileTTante

Postby Arseny » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:45 am

dileTTante wrote:it looked crude compared to Tibi's layout right beside it. He had done a wonderful job, and through the day was helpful and knowledgeable. It was his first time as a participant yet he was really well prepared.

Do you have some photos of that Tibi's layout?
Arseny

Postby dileTTante » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:53 am

Arseny wrote:Do you have some photos of that Tibi's layout?
2 and 3 in the first post. 1 - 2 - 3 in the second post.
dileTTante

Postby Arseny » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:01 am

dileTTante wrote:
Arseny wrote:Do you have some photos of that Tibi's layout?
2 and 3 in the first post. 1 - 2 - 3 in the second post.

Oh, thanks. I beleived it was YOUR layout. :smile:
Arseny

Postby oldtrainguy » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:59 am

Just curious,

What is the metal bar for?

Also, you probably said this in another post but what are you using to control your trains?
Don
oldtrainguy

Postby CSD » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:08 am

Great display, guys. Sorry to have missed it.

Congratulations CN-TT!
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby CN-TT » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:57 am

Thanks to all for the congrats!!!
The show was fun! The only drawback, my display kept me almost constantly busy and I haven't had much time to talk to the guys or help voyttek with his AWESOME :thumbup: DCC sound diesel switching engine. I was told to automate the whole layout to do other things than pushing and pulling cars all over it. But hey, this is what makes the fun!!! As promised, even others were allowed to play with my display. With the ROCO app, it was a piece of cake!!!

@oldtrainguy: The metal bar is a U-shaped aluminum piece that holds the much needed LED lighting. Some fellow ttnuts were a little bit "distracted" by the reflections of the LEDs on the rail heads. I have to work on some kind of a diffuser.
To control this "beast" I'm using an ACER android 4.4 tablet with the "z21 mobile" app from ROCO and the ROCO "z21" via WiFi.
Attachments
PICT0576.JPG
PICT0575.JPG
You gotta do much more than believe if you really wanna change things!

"The GuiTTar Case" Gallery
"The GuiTTar Case" YouTube
CN-TT

Postby voyttek » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:52 pm

The Strongest TT Gang in North America at The Vancouver Train Show.
It was nice to meet Everybody again and see You in Portland ( shuuuush... my wife does not know yet .....)
Attachments
IMG_9348.jpg
voyttek

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:07 pm

2nd pic of the app is very cool - the real layout with a digital overlay. I wonder if WiThrottle has something like that....gotta go find out....
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Events