Vancouver train show March 18 2012

Re: Vancouver train show March 18 2012

Postby Arseny » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:04 am

ConducTTor wrote:Lesson learned: Priority or Express or whatever international mail is a complete rip off.

Just customs need a lot of time, not only postal service.
Arseny

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:08 am

True. I'm just mad.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby voyttek » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:17 pm

It was so great to meet and spend time with other TT nuts... learn about their interests and different aspects of our hobby
we pursue. We come from far away, distant countries, backgrounds and life experience... yet we all come animated
with child like wonder when a little "chiu chiu train" does woooo ....

I am so energized, rejuvenated and motivated ... and it is all because the people I met at the Vancouver train show last weekend.
Bill, Terry, Graeme, Mark, Gunnar and Frank it was a pleasure to share this time with you.

I had a safe drive home, greated my wife, dogs, fed the horses... and as quickly as I could rearranged my new layout.
Thanks to Bill who brought me my missing "turnout" I could now complete my tracks.
It fits perfectly !!!
Here it is, so please let me know if you have any suggestions how it could be improved.
Voyttek
Attachments
P1020372.JPG
Size of the layout is 3x5, it should fit into my 4runner...
P1020380.JPG
I will try to finish this for the next show ???
voyttek

Postby Arseny » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:29 pm

Voyttek, it looks nice!
I am sure it will be looking great and attractive at the show!

It was my dream - to build a layout with roundhouse depot...
What type of turnout do you use? Roco?
Last edited by Arseny on Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arseny

Postby voyttek » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:40 pm

As I mentioned earlier I now decided to switch in my collecting to mainly PKP models.
As Terry bought my BR 50 steam locomotive, I already ordered and it is on its way, a polish version, TY 5

So far I can only enjoy the picture ....
Voyttek
Attachments
Screen shot 2012-03-20 at 8.55.19 AM.png
voyttek

Postby voyttek » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:58 pm

Arseny wrote:Voyttek, looking nice!
I am sure it will be looking great and attractive at the show!

It was my dream - to build a layout with roundhouse depot...
What type of turnout do you use? Roco?

Thanks Arseny,
Yes it is Roco and I must tell you, the quality is good.
The only problem is that normally they do not have it in stock, so you have to order and wait till they make some.
It is worth the wait.
Same goes for accessories, for example TT 35 900 hub that I would like to buy, is not available now and they might start production sometime in the future.... when ???
... so I am working now to make my own replacement...
Voyttek
Attachments
Screen shot 2012-03-20 at 11.53.41 AM.png
top and bottom view of my new "art piece"
voyttek

Postby anotherTTnut » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:07 pm

voyttek wrote:It was so great to meet and spend time with other TT nuts... learn about their interests and different aspects of our hobby
we pursue. We come from far away, distant countries, backgrounds and life experience... yet we all come animated
with child like wonder when a little "chiu chiu train" does woooo ....

I am so energized, rejuvenated and motivated ... and it is all because the people I met at the Vancouver train show last weekend.
Bill, Terry, Graeme, Mark, Gunnar and Frank it was a pleasure to share this time with you.

I cant speak for CSD but I have recovered from our long 13 hour drive back to Edmonton on Monday and feel energized again to move on to the next TT related project. We had to fight some serious weather and stupid!!!! drivers on the road issues on our way to and back from Burnaby, but we made it.

As all the other people in this post already mentioned, It was nice to put a face to some of the people on the TTnut forum. Nice to meet you all! I can only encourage everybody to meet up with us at the next show, you will be happy you did.

Time flew by at the show on Sunday and I believe that I did not had one chance to sit down at all. As Mark and myself represented the Royal Alberta TT club for the first time we had a lot of people interested and asking questions and made some interesting observations:

- we got a good chuckle out of the repeated question "This is HO on N track, right?! But how does that work?."

- it is not the kids you have to watch out for on your layout, possibly damaging or grabbing models. It is the older folks that slam their walker or cain into the layout, lay their hands on the table to support themselves or even worse, grab a $300 model without asking the owner standing 3 feet away :-0

- a handful people keep coming back throughout the day to check out the new models we had on our table and seemed extremely interested in the "new" scale

- the kids loved the Piko ICE that we had running pretty much the whole day on our layout and refereed to it as the "Bullet train". A lot of trains running at the same time on a layout DOES draw the attention of the crowd.

Mark and I whipped up our layout and tables in a relatively short amount of time, so for all you folks that think "but that was just a couple tracks on a table", yes you right but we wanted to be there and it will be different for the next show.

That brings me to the link for our Edmonton show in September, hope to see lots of you over there:

http://www.mmrf.ab.ca/show.shtml

The first three pictures are of the show in Calgary last year to give you an idea for the size of show in Edmonton which is only slightly smaller but pretty much the same folks. The rest are some pictures that I took during Saturday and Sunday.

Enjoy!
Attachments
P1010020.jpg
Calgary show 1
P1010021.jpg
Calgary show 2
P1010022.jpg
Calgary show 3
P1040417.jpg
Vancouver show sign
P1040426.jpg
Vancouver venue from outside
anotherTTnut

Postby anotherTTnut » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:09 pm

more pic`s
Attachments
P1040424.jpg
Saturday
P1040420.jpg
Saturday
P1040422.jpg
Saturday
P1040432.jpg
Sunday show
P1040435.jpg
Sunday show
Last edited by anotherTTnut on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anotherTTnut

Postby anotherTTnut » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:11 pm

more pic`s
Attachments
P1040440.jpg
Sunday show
P1040442.jpg
Sunday show
P1040443.jpg
Sunday show
anotherTTnut

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:01 pm

Thanks for posting! I have some thoughts for the September show that I'll share soon.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion