Vancouver BC Train Show November 10-11

Re: Vancouver BC Train Show November 10-11

Postby Marquette » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:23 am

Here's a first photo (thanks to DileTTante, as I brought my camera, but lacked the foresight to ensure I've got batteries...)

DSC00192R.JPG

A Sergei family photo - L to R: CSD's Czechoslovak T679, VoyTTek's Polish ST44 and my North Korean Naeyon 602.

DileTTante will have more photos, and I'll have some tomorrow, too.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:52 am

I really like the colors of the 602. Well the top half anyway. The chrome/white with blue is gorgeous.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby dileTTante » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:05 am

What's wrong with this picture? Near the entrance to the train show there is a display comparing model railroad scales Z to G. TT is missing. The organizers are aware of this now and come to our display to defend the omission just to get a rise out of us. In truth after three years there are more of us there doing TT and there is more TT to show.

My friend Graeme and I were there at the opening of the hall. Marquette arrived soon after. CSD and anotherTTnut arrived later after a long drive from frozen Alberta. In the afternoon Voytek appeared, spending a couple hours with us, then went to other engagements.

Attendance was very good and a lot of people were interested in our TT. We handed out more than thirty 'What Is TT Scale' brochures. We ran an F3 borrowed from Bill Dixon with cars from Gold Coast, I think. It went all day on the small oval from my old BTTB starter set. On the outer oval we ran for a while the diesel in N. Korean paint from Marquette. In the afternoon I changed the outer oval to DCC and ran a couple trains of mine. Royal Alberta TT had one small layout of vintage TT from Czechoslovakia (I might be wrong about that) and their main layout was a revised version of the one they showed last spring.

On the whole there was nothing new. As one visitor was saying to another, our display was always adding something different from the previous ones. Each show is different, this one marked by the absence of Bill Dixon and his enthusiasm for TT. I hope when he turns up Sunday he will be embarassed by my humble effort and bring his modules to the show next spring. There was talk around the hall about his absence and the show situation in general.

A few photos are attached. I find it difficult to take decent pictures at the show. The low level of light means photos without flash are hard to get and my flash generally overwhelms the scene, therefore usually disappointing results. I made the rounds and photographed other exhibits but I'll save those for later after the weekend.

Everyone is tired.

More Sunday evening.
-Terry C.
Attachments
DSC00195R.JPG
What's wrong with this picture?
DSC00134R.JPG
DSC00135R.JPG
DSC00137R.JPG
DSC00138R.JPG
dileTTante

Postby dileTTante » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 am

More from Saturday
Attachments
DSC00169R.JPG
DSC00173R.JPG
DSC00175R.JPG
DSC00186R.JPG
dileTTante

Postby dileTTante » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:13 am

Last two.
Attachments
DSC00176R.JPG
DSC00177R.JPG
dileTTante

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:25 am

Awesome :grin:

You guys rock and I'm jealous.

:wave:
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Arseny » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:17 am

What about new SW1200? Did you show it?
Arseny

Postby dileTTante » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:21 am

Third year and sixth show with TT. No surprises, Arseny, and any news about SW1200 will need to come from CSD.

It was a good day with a few exceptions. I printed thirty more TT brochures for the day and then left them at home, so there were none to hand out today.

We put the other shell on the F3 and ran that with a train of cars. Marquette found a suitable coupler so was able to hook a couple cars behind his North Korean diesel. Bill Dixon arrived early on and brought some more cars, including the coal hoppers. AnotherTTNut and CSD had oodles more trains to show off.

Despite the rain in the afternoon the show was well attended. There was a steady parade past our displays. Occasionally people had to take a second look to figure out what it was exactly that they were seeing. 'Excuse me, is that N scale?'

I think there is no doubt that the presence of TT scale is established here. The regular participants in the show are used to us as TT guys and so they now have to acknowledge that TT exists. Also, I must say that after the novelty of presenting TT scale has worn off, I for one am aware of the amount of work that generally is put in to making a good display, or even attending the show. The Royal Alberta guys had to drive hours and hours from the freezing snow covered prairies to the show and now have to spend hours getting back. A great amount of preparation has to be done by every exhibitor to make a good impression. And Bill D. confirmed that there will be another train show here next spring.

Here are photos fit to print. Later there will be a few pictures of other trains at the show.
-Terry C.
Attachments
DSC00208R.JPG
DSC00247R.JPG
DSC00248R.JPG
DSC03050R.JPG
DSC00250R.JPG
dileTTante

Postby dileTTante » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:24 am

More from Sunday.
Attachments