USSR - Sovyetskiye Zhelezniye Doroge

These are prototypes which either exist as TT scale models or can be modeled from existing models.

Re: USSR - Sovyetskiye Zhelezniye Doroge

Postby j p » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:54 am

My guess: http://www.train-photo.ru/
Is that what you were trying to find?
j p

Postby Christtking » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:39 pm

No. This web site has a lot of black and white photos of never seen photos of old Russian (Soviet) prototypes of mostly diesels. I guess after the WWII. Technical drawings, some diesel that loo like the North American ones. Very interesting. I can't find it thou! I need to find it again!
Christtking

Postby LVG1 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:19 pm

j p wrote:My guess: http://www.train-photo.ru/

Very interesting site! Thank you! :thumbup:

Christtking wrote:This web site has a lot of black and white photos of never seen photos of old Russian (Soviet) prototypes of mostly diesels. I guess after the WWII. Technical drawings, some diesel that loo like the North American ones.

You make me really curious. I hope, you'll find it. I'ld really like to see it. :drool:
"Let's eat, grandpa."
Punctuation marks save lives!
LVG1

Postby Christtking » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:45 pm

I can't really tell you much about what I saw on that site, all I can say it's that there were some comparisons between the Soviet built motors and North American one after the Americans shipped to the Russians some diesel locos. The Soviet designs are huge, long, monstrous looking. Need to find it I was searching on GOOGLE some M62 Russian diesel locomotives (images) that's when I found those with the prototype and after posted them, I think I've lost that link
Christtking

Postby Christtking » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:55 pm

I found another good source of some Russian locos! 4rail.net , Lots of pictures. :drool: Still searching for the other one. :doh: :roll:
Christtking

Previous

Return to Prototypes by Country