Union TT

This sub forum is meant to be a model library. Feel free to add any information / pictures and your own reviews on models. If a topic on your model already exists, please add to it. Otherwise, start a new one.

Union TT

Postby Christtking » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:36 pm

Anyone remember this one? I am not sure if this company was a German one. All I remember is that I had a flyer (back before 2000) that had a lot of products listed. A model version of the V80/BR 280 (never could get one), some retro fit kits to modify a BTTB (PIKO) BR 119 into some different versions of European versions of NOHAB (2 cabs), some replicas of French State Railways motorized diesel cars, and some other retro fit kits for converting a BTTB BR 86 or 92 (can't remember exactly) into SAAR some French region private railway?
Christtking

Re: Union TT

Postby Richard-B » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:18 am

Christtking wrote:Anyone remember this one? I am not sure if this company was a German one. All I remember is that I had a flyer (back before 2000) that had a lot of products listed.

Here is the PDF...
Union-TT.pdf
Union TT Flyer and Pricelist - circa-2000
(344.79 KiB) Downloaded 710 times
Richard Brennan - http://www.tt-west.com
Somewhere between San Francisco and Budapest...
Richard-B

Re: Union TT

Postby LVG1 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:56 am

Christtking wrote:...and some other retro fit kits for converting a BTTB BR 86 or 92 (can't remember exactly) into SAAR some French region private railway?

No! SAAR was kind of national railway of the Territory of the Saar Basin (1920 ... 1935) and later of the Saar Protectorate (1947 ... 1956).
The region was devided off from Germany after both World Wars. In both cases there was a referendum years later, so the people could decide if they wanted to belong to Germany or France. In both cases they voted for Germany.
In both cases the railroad of this region was autonomous during that period of time. And in both cases the abbreviation SAAR was used for this railroad.
"Let's eat, grandpa."
Punctuation marks save lives!
LVG1

Return to TT Scale Models