UK TT event - from Continental Modeller

Re: UK TT event - from Continental Modeller

Postby Rich B » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:43 pm

It was a pleasure to meet you Juup, I found it a very friendly event, event if it was poorly attended.
Rich B

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:08 pm

Anyone take pics?
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Juup » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:47 pm

ConducTTor wrote:Anyone take pics?

Yes, great to meet you Rich! It was very nice ... Enjoyed it a lot!!

Here is Rich fretting over a(another) derailment :)

uploadfromtaptalk1425253453182.jpg
Juup

Postby Juup » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:04 pm

Juup wrote:

IMG_20150301_124637.jpg

Should say also the layouts were great!! That's including Stromallee (am I spelling this correctly now?) which clever use of inclines is quite unique. Also there was Rhineside (era IV DB) - didn't catch their names but their layout can be found online, and a Czech TTe layout by Blaise ... not a member here I think.

Yes, not many people. 3-4 vendors. The main importer of TT in UK was there with their 50% markup on German prices.

Axel the organiser was genuinely super nice.

Highpoint was Rich and his two friends Adam and Alan, getting a bit bored perhaps because of the few visitors, trying to run the longest possible rake on Stromallee ... pulled by a Ludmilla of course, and including impulse buys from one of the smaller (slightly more reasonable) vendors to increase the length further.

Good fun!!!

Juup
Juup

Postby CN-TT » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:49 pm

"Stromallee" looks really good :thumbup:
You gotta do much more than believe if you really wanna change things!

"The GuiTTar Case" Gallery
"The GuiTTar Case" YouTube
CN-TT

Postby scaro » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:50 pm

Pity I did not make it but had something on in London I could not get out of ...
scaro

Postby Rich B » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:57 am

Juup wrote:

IMG_20150301_124637.jpg

Actually, it wasn't too bad for derailments, especially considering a height mismatch on some tracks. It was that I would get two moves into shunting and forget what I was doing! It's a fun layout to shunt, just awkward enough to be challenging.

I think we may have made a convert to TT there in the chap who had the Czech kits, though Alan is firmly H0 and Andi (Not Adam!) models exclusively British 00. This morning a package arrived with the last point that was needed for the fiddle yard and a decoder that I needed. Why couldn't that have come before the weekend?!?
Rich B

Postby Juup » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:20 pm

Hi All,

Scaro, hope to meet you at a future event. A re-run of the Derby TT event is planned for next year. However, with the low turn out this may be reconsidered ... or? Rich mentioned a big event in Manchester in December he might be going to, but not TT specific of course.

Sorry to get Andi's name wrong. The guy selling Czech kits ... different from the Blaise who was running the Czech TTe layout, right?

Oh, and I think I have misrepresented the derailment issue - very sorry!! My poor attempt at humour. Rhineside, which is a very polished layout, had a couple of hickups as well. More generally, hats off to all three layouts at the event - building a permanent layout is one thing ... by comparison, it is remarkable that Stromallee (as well as the other layouts) work as well as they do after transport and assembly at an event like this.

Oh, and those Modist locos has me searching the net for another one for myself :) Modist is out of business so might be the right time.

Juup
Juup

Postby Rich B » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:37 pm

I had an email from Axel today- pencil in 28th February next year!

This is the Manchester show, it looks to be almost all British outline this year- just two US outline layouts.

Coming up is Nottingham, it's one of the better British shows for foreign prototype layouts. Very central geographically. I might make it, my wife is going to Derby that weekend which is very close by.

Waaaay down south is the best show for continental layouts, Eurotrack at Eastleigh (near Southampton). That's February sometime, so next year. The German Railway Society holds a bi-annual exhibition- Alan is helping organise it this year, though I don't know when it will be offhand. I'm pretty sure it's going to be in Reading though. The European Railways Association is holding a show in Cromford, near Derby, in June, and in Bournville, Birmingham (home of Cadbury's chocolate) in December.
Rich B

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:13 pm

Stromallee looks fantastic! Love the head scratching and deep thought exhibited in the pic :) Rhineside is on a bunch of youtube videos for anyone interested https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... +Rhineside
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Events