TTfiligran — Where is catalogue?

TTfiligran — Where is catalogue?

Postby mmx358 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:00 pm

Hello!

I can`t find any catalogues on the ttfiligran.de website. I contacted them via e-mail twice, but they don`t answer. I called on their phone number, but I get strange three-tonal beeps and nothing else.

A I doing something wrong? How can I get a catalogue for their production?

Thank You very much!
mmx358

Re: TTfiligran — Where is catalogue?

Postby areibel » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:12 pm

I found a listing here-
http://www.ttfiligran.de/shop/shop.asp
You can click on the links on that page to get to different price lists. I have to open it in Google Chrome to get it to translate correctly, but if you know German you should be able to find what you're looking for.
Welcome to the site!
Al
areibel

Postby mmx358 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:43 pm

Thank You very much for Your reply!

Now I`m reading their website and... as far as I understood, they only make 1:9 turnouts and only 1:6 double slips... It`s not cool because I was thinking about using them for realistic look and to shorten switch arrangement (I don`t how to call them in English, but in other languages are terms like "Connections of station track ends" or "Station throat"...). Now I see again that it is almost not possible... It`s too bad and sad...

Maybe You know any manufacturer that makes 1:8 and/or smaller ratio double slips and corresponding turnouts/crossings?

Thank You very much!

Eugene.
mmx358

Postby j p » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:02 pm

mmx358 wrote:Thank You very much for Your reply!

Now I`m reading their website and... as far as I understood, they only make 1:9 turnouts and only 1:6 double slips... It`s not cool because I was thinking about using them for realistic look and to shorten switch arrangement (I don`t how to call them in English, but in other languages are terms like "Connections of station track ends" or "Station throat"...). Now I see again that it is almost not possible... It`s too bad and sad...

Maybe You know any manufacturer that makes 1:8 and/or smaller ratio double slips and corresponding turnouts/crossings?

Thank You very much!

Eugene.

Then you probably missed something.
They make nr.6 (1:6) with plastic ties.
They make many with wood ties: nr.6 (1:6), nr.8 (1:8), nr. 9 (1:9), and they can make nr.12 (1:12) if requested.
If you wanted to shorten the station head, you could use their 3-way turnouts 1:6/1:6
http://www.ttfiligran.de/shop/shop.asp?sid=0F49ADF64A701C2DDCA8AF35F391267C&pnr=1&sea=&rub=1&kat=1&uka=1&anr=&cpa=0&zpa=0&anf=&an_name=&an_mail=&an_tel=&an_betr=&an_text=&knr=&kpw=&aid=&wid=&mng=0&pri=&RngAnr=&RngName1=&RngName2=&RngStr=&RngPLZ=&RngOrt=&RngLand=&RngKZLand=&LiefAnr=&LiefName1=&LiefName2=&LiefStr=&LiefPLZ=&LiefOrt=&LiefLand=&RngZahl=&RngKZZahl=&RngEmail=&RngTel=&RngBem=

Please note that they have "shortened" and "full length" versions. 1:6 shortened represents 1:9 prototype if you decide to use their suggested shortening of the lengths to 2/3.
j p

Postby mmx358 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:03 am

j p wrote:Then you probably missed something.
They make nr.6 (1:6) with plastic ties.
They make many with wood ties: nr.6 (1:6), nr.8 (1:8), nr. 9 (1:9), and they can make nr.12 (1:12) if requested.

Thank You for Your reply! Unfortunately, I`ve turned off my PC while my answer was waiting me to press "Submit"...

Anyway, You`re right, I`ve missed something, but I don`t know what exactly. This page says that they have 1:5, 1:6, 1:8, 1:9, 1:12 and 1:14 turnouts, but they have only 1:6 double slips. That`s what I understood from that page (thanks to google translate and arabic number system which is used by most countries).

j p wrote:If you wanted to shorten the station head, you could use their 3-way turnouts 1:6/1:6

Unfortunately, I can use them on depot tracks or in similar situation only. I`m just used to "ordinary" turnouts, crossings and double slips used in most situations, and I like how do they look. 3-ways look a bit strange.

j p wrote:Please note that they have "shortened" and "full length" versions. 1:6 shortened represents 1:9 prototype if you decide to use their suggested shortening of the lengths to 2/3.

My idea was to build simple, but more realistic layout in terms of track switches. I don`t like how do trains look on small curves and turnouts. So I accept 1:8 and bigger ones only. So I need corresponding double slips and/or crossings. If I can only use large turnouts, not slips, I have to know about it, to take into account while planning a layout. Because then 1:6 slips can be used on depots and yards too, but not on main tracks with long passenger cars.

And I can`t understand why don`t they answer the e-mail I`ve sent. And phone.
mmx358

Postby j p » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:28 am

mmx358 wrote:And I can`t understand why don`t they answer the e-mail I`ve sent. And phone.

It is vacation time in Europe, many companies are closed.

Anyway, nr.6 double slip looks quite realistic (especially when comparing to Tillig). Nr.6 turnouts are used on the real railroads, of course.
If you want to make a high speed line for Acela express, TGV or ICE then you need longer turnouts and no double slips.
Try to have a look at the layout of some real station heads - for example on http://maps.google.com
You'd find out that only the first few switches are longer, for higher speed.

My plan was to use 1:9 for the first few switches and 1:6 for the rest. Then I found out that the old Zeuke/BTTB models with pizza cutter flanges could not run on Filigran's Code 60 track...
j p

Postby mmx358 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:26 am

j p wrote:It is vacation time in Europe, many companies are closed.

Oh... OK, I live in Latvia and all companies work normally. So I thought it`s the same everywhere.

j p wrote:Anyway, nr.6 double slip looks quite realistic (especially when comparing to Tillig). Nr.6 turnouts are used on the real railroads, of course.
If you want to make a high speed line for Acela express, TGV or ICE then you need longer turnouts and no double slips.
Try to have a look at the layout of some real station heads - for example on http://maps.google.com
You'd find out that only the first few switches are longer, for higher speed.

It is hard for me to switch my mind, because in Latvia (and other post-Soviet countries) we have the following situation:
- On main tracks for passenger trains 1:11 (by the way, we use slash: 1/11, 1/9 and so on) turnouts and double slips are used. There are some modifications, for example, with a frog with switching blade allows diverging with 50 km/h, simplier modifications allow 50 for passenger and 40 for freight trains. There are older ones with 40 km/h for all types of trains.
- In hard profile and plan obstacles 1:9 turnouts and double slips for passenger trains can be used, but speed is usually limited to 25 km/h for trains with passengers, freight trains pass them at 40 km/h. Of course, I`m talking about diverging route.
- In very hard obstacles smaller turnouts can be used, but only on factory yards and sidings, depot tracks and gravity yards.

For high speed diverging smaller ratios are used:
- 1:18 for 80 km/h (Link)
- 1:22 for 120 km/h

In Latvia, there is a small switch and track factory called VAE Riga, it has made an experimental switch with 1:14 ratio for 70 km/h (Link). There`s also one with 1:20 ratio, but it`s not used for high speeds, only 70 km/h because of one-level crossing with a street road, smaller speed is required for security purposes. I`m talking about this place: Link.

For example, Riga Passenger station (or Riga Central station) is built using 1:11 switches (turnouts and double slips): Link 1 Link 2.

Please don`t think that I think I`m smarter than others or something... I just wanted to let You know about my reasons for looking for such big switches. I`ll check German, Portugalian and other railroads with Google Maps to see how they are built. Because I`m planning to build a German-looking layout (Just like how they look, nothing personal.)

j p wrote:My plan was to use 1:9 for the first few switches and 1:6 for the rest. Then I found out that the old Zeuke/BTTB models with pizza cutter flanges could not run on Filigran's Code 60 track...

Looks like You have big plans. My layout is pretty simple, and I`m already thinking about simplifying it even more. Now my thoughts are similar, because:
1. H0 is pretty large anyway...
2. There are not another choices. Just planning a layout with TTfiligran swithces or not planning at all. Or planning a H0 layout with Fast Tracks 1:8 turnouts and slips, but it`ll be quite huge.

It`s hard for me because I`m perfectionist, I want everything to be done in a way I`ve imagined. But now I`m in a situation when I have to deal with obstacles and to find a compromise. (I hate compromises...)
mmx358

Return to Links