TT vehicles and stuff

TT vehicles and stuff

Postby coaster » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:27 pm

Hi Im a newbie here. :wave:
I come from down under and am modelling NZ120(TT on N scale track),because I cant find vehicles suited to our country I decided to get some made,got a designer to do the cad files and well...........got started.Am planning doing more over the next 12months as coins allow!!!I will show pics when I get some painted.
I did these for myself firstly but have made them available to who ever may want any.
they are here.http://www.shapeways.com/shops/coasters120

Cheers
Stu

PS,dont know if I have posted this in correct place :eh:
coaster

Re: TT vehicles and stuff

Postby Arseny » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:00 pm

Very fine cars! I like the 1:120 cars very much. Hope we'll see the pics!

Morris Minor is a funny car, but do you know, if they were exported in the USA and/or Canada?
As for Toyota, it is a relatively modern model, am I right?..

As for me, I like American cars of the 1950s. Maybe you can design some?

If you need TT-scale cars for New Zealand, there are some opportunities:

1) I hope, American cars were in use in New Zealand? If so, you can use resin cast cars from Mini-Things

2) Also you can use Russian ZiS-150 truck - it is almost the same as American International K7 from the late 1940s.
And Russian YaAZ is almost the same as Federal truck (Model 65).

3) Fine N Scale produces resin kits that are announced as N scale, but in fact some of them are very close to TT scale. For example, 1941 Ford truck

4) Also you can use some European cars exported to your country - for example, Skoda or Lada (from V&V or Gabor).
Arseny

Postby Arseny » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:43 pm

Are there any European trucks in use in New Zealand?
If yes, you can use Scania, DAF, Mercedes-Benz Actros made by Herpa.

And also "Bruder Mini" toys serie - they are 1:128 and can be used in TT. There are modern Mack trucks.
Arseny

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:54 pm

Yes, pics would be great. I'm very curious how they'll come out. Welcome to the board!
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby coaster » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:24 am

Hi again.Im modelling modern era(NZ)so trying to do veheicles we see here everyday.
Yes we have cars and trucks from all over the world,but some are more common than others.
Models of euro trucks are mostly a different configaration(cant spell so it seems)Bruder ones are good and work but not for all.
And yes we have American too!
I cant seem to work out how to put pics in here :wall: But if you can get to my album(yea I got that right!)you will see truck and trailer(stock truck 4decks sheep,2decks cattle)one of our sons drive.Am getting it 3d printed.Also first pics of cars only got primer on them,but gives you an idea.

Cheers
Stu
coaster

Postby Marquette » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:28 am

Welcome, Stu! I've been quietly waiting to see when someone doing NZ120 would show up around here... :)

Those pics look /great/! The Morris especially.

(Arseny: I don't know about the US, but there definitely were/are Minors here in Canada. Saw one a couple of weeks ago, actually, and they're not /that/ rare, I do see one every couple of months or so.)
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:36 am

coaster wrote:I cant seem to work out how to put pics in here :wall:

Post A Reply --> below text box is a tab "Upload attachment". click it.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Arseny » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:59 am

coaster wrote:Hi again.Im modelling modern era(NZ)so trying to do veheicles we see here everyday.

But why do you model Morris from the 1950s ?
They are still in use in NZ today?

And what about Skoda and Lada? As I know, Skoda 105 was imported into New Zealand in the late 1970s. The model is available from Tillig or V&V (it is the same model)

Also there are some architectural models (including 1:120), but I am not sure if they can ship the order outside US:
http://www.howardmodels.com/supplies/index.html

cant seem to work out how to put pics in here :wall:

When you are writing the message, below the "Send" button you can see 2 more references - "Options" and "Upload attachment"

But if you can get to my album(yea I got that right!)you will see truck and trailer(stock truck 4decks sheep,2decks cattle)one of our sons drive.Am getting it 3d printed.Also first pics of cars only got primer on them,but gives you an idea.

Is this truck cab-over-engine?
Arseny

Postby coaster » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:03 am

Thanks Marquette.
Arseny:Why do I model morris from 50s?Well..........they look cool!There are some about,restored etc.And I know alot of modellers here are modelling 50s-60s,so thought it would be fun.
Skodas and Ladas?Well......they arent my thing sorry,there are still some about though.I might get one one day!NZ did get a shipment of them back in the seventies,you are correct,it was payment for a shipment of butter :shh:
Truck is cabover.When printed shell of cab will fit on to chassis,so that interior of cab can be painted..........hope that makes sense!
And yea couldnt see upload button for looking hehe.
Cheers
Stu
coaster

Postby Arseny » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:13 am

coaster wrote:Why do I model morris from 50s?Well..........they look cool!There are some about,restored etc.And I know alot of modellers here are modelling 50s-60s,so thought it would be fun.

Looking like this cars are just from Mini-Things - Chevrolet(?), Cadillac, and then Ford pickup... :grin:
(The photo from New Zealand)

http://silira.livejournal.com/23412.html
Arseny

Next

Return to General Discussion