TT-Tracks

Re: TT-Tracks

Postby Bill Dixon » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:02 am

Finished here along side the model I started with. Windows and painted handrails.
20190919_other side.jpg

20190919_one side.jpg

I may strip the end rails as the paint is not sticking.
The paint is Tamiya Camel yellow In a spray can over Tamiya grey primer. The colour could be better but is within the range of pictures of CP Rail cabooses. If I was to do another one I think I would use white primer.
The Multi Mark is from a MicroScale HO scale freight car decal. I laser printed the CP Rail and road number. The CP Rail looks a little rough one side as it is over a casting on the car side. If I was going to do another one I think I would file this smooth. Window glass is some clear plastic I had in my junk box. It is a bit thick but not noticable.

The car does not really represent an actual CP Rail car but does look OK.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby Bill Dixon » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:16 am

A coworker is making gondola covers in HO and N Scale. I asked him to make me a pair for the gondola kits I have had for years.
20190921_gondola w cover.jpg
These are CP Rail types. Time to assemble and paint the rest of the kits. Will do two in CP Rail red, two brown for CN and leave one black.
For load variety, two will have these covers, one will continue with its concrete pipe load, one will have a pipe load represented by black straws, and one with plate steel load.
Last edited by Bill Dixon on Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby MacG » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:59 pm

It's a nice cover and good supplement for a Rob M gondola. :thumbup:
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:
MacG

Previous

Return to Layouts / Track Plans