TT Trackwork

Re: TT Trackwork

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:45 pm

I would assume that a beginner is not going to care for fine scale track. Plug and play track is already available from Tillig at Euro Train Hobby in 2 flavors. One with bedding and one without.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby richardedmonds » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:01 pm

CSD wrote:I have found this discussion interesting, but I have a question regarding practicality.

I want to lay fine scale track tomorrow. What do I do?

Quite simple really --- buy a couple of superb code 55 turnouts from Sazmodel then whatever you want to do to join em together with code 55 --- sorry couldn't resist it
richardedmonds

Postby richardedmonds » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:15 pm

Seriously though Marks turnouts arrived today and now I know I have done the right thing in following Marquette Ben and others ventures into the fine scale arena.
In all honesty these look real and are real in the way they are constructed so for me now fine scale has become much easier and the only way to do it. Great stuff Mark any plans for more
richardedmonds

Postby Rob M » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:20 pm

My 2 cents.

Whoever is doing the turnouts Mark is selling more than likely has the ability to make matching flex track.
Rob M

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:59 pm

Rob M wrote:My 2 cents.

Whoever is doing the turnouts Mark is selling more than likely has the ability to make matching flex track.

:think:

I guess the proper question is: "Mark, when is flex track going to be available?"
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby CSD » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:38 am

I didn't ask my question to solicit product placement. Thanks for the votes of confidence, however.

Rob M wrote:My 2 cents. Whoever is doing the turnouts Mark is selling more than likely has the ability to make matching flex track.

True.

ConducTTor wrote:I guess the proper question is: "Mark, when is flex track going to be available?"

Here is the scoop. I can do this, but how much will it cost and when will it be available? Like the resin ties and the injection machine, it doesn't exist and there is no guarantee that it will.

My advice: Don't wait on a possibility when we have everything we need right now. Build something. You can do it!
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby richardedmonds » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:17 am

Well guys I have to admit to another unashamed plug for the Sazmodel turnouts. Since last time I have had a jig etched for a 6 turnout and fastracks contacted me saying they would do a TT 6 as well for me. Now I have both and both of them and they both work in as much as I can make smooth operating turnouts that work very well. I would have to admit that the fastracks point filing tools work fantastically well and are a massive aid.
Now I can solder quite well (well think I can) and can make joints without big blobby bits on the rail ------ then I put one side by side against a Sazmodel one and the difference in quality is overpowering visually. The outcome being that although I proved a point to myself that I can actually make working turnouts Marks products are probably cheaper than I thought and visually far better than mine when you put all things together.
For that reason I am going to use the Sazmodel ones for the majority of my proposed layout and my handmade ones in places like yards with dirty track.
Track will probably be different but untill Mark or Bernd or anyone else comes up with something else then I am stuck. So after all that another huge thanks to Mark for helping prove the TT case so well.
richardedmonds

Postby CSD » Sat May 23, 2015 10:47 am

Fast Tracks has made available this #6 assembly. When they build their new website a TT section will be included.

http://www.handlaidtrack.com/TT-6-Turno ... 6-me55.htm

A #8 will follow.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby ConducTTor » Sat May 23, 2015 8:12 pm

Cool thanks Mark :)
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby CSD » Sun May 24, 2015 11:47 am

Guess I should have mentioned that you have to use the above link to order. You won't be able to find it via the Fast Tracks site as this is a specialty order/place holder.
Mark
//S
CSD

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion