TT Scale Wish List

TT Scale Wish List

Postby Rob M » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:25 pm

In this thread you can ask for any items you want to see developed in TT Scale. But, along with your request you must include (or have available) any drawings or documentation needed to make it happen.

I think this will help manufacturers figure out what to make and give them a jump start with the research part of developing things.
Rob M

Re: TT Scale Wish List

Postby areibel » Fri May 01, 2015 8:47 am

How about a long hood for GP35? It doesn't need to be real fancy, just the door locations, dynamic blister and openings or recesses for grilles. Fans could be grabbed or copied in resin from a GP38 shell (48") and an N scale EMD (36"), grilles could be etched and the whole thing dropped on a modified GP38 frame/ cab/ nose?

Or the same for a GP7/9 if your machine can cut louvers. The overall size of the Lionel shell is right, but the cab is too long so the long and short hoods are a little too short. If you could cut down the cab, add the hoods, 36 inch fans can come from 48" N scale ones and if you need a 48" a 36" HO is only about 2 inches too large.

Or even a high short EMD hood (for all the Southern and N&W types), it would work for the GP35 or GP38 and maybe even the Norkin SD45?

Baldwins- lots of flat panels but a ton of louvers. But! One car body can cover 4 or 5 versions with only a truck change.

Alcos too, especially a C424 or C425 but they have some weird geometry on some parts.

I can keep going if you need more! And I think I have diagrams for everything mentioned
areibel

Postby areibel » Fri May 01, 2015 12:29 pm

Hi Bernd,
The biggest problem with that nose is the windshields, from what I can tell they're too tall. If you look at a pic of a real FA1 or 2 the cab roof should slope down to meet the windshield panel, but on the model it's straight across from front to back of the locomotive (like an EMD). The body on the FA is a little off too, I don't know if it was for motor clearance back in the day but it is around a scale foot too tall. It's split up between all three vertical sections on the side which makes it a bigger pain to fix! Plus it's a little short lengthwise overall, the fan ring is in the wrong spot and a few other little things. It's not too bad as a general representation of an FA but it doesn't really match either of the actual models if you look close. I think you could remove the divider in the side windows, cut down the side and center pillars of the windshield and squeeze it down with only a little sculpting to get it closer. Or cast it in resin, make the mods and create a new master.
And I think that nose could be used for a PA as well but it also needs a little reverse rhinoplasty- it needs stretched from the base of the windshield to the front, but it doesn't look as hard as carving out a new one. I think the FA roof could be stretched, and you could use the end plate and steps and make up new sides. Not sure how bad trucks would be to do, I never dug that far into it.

ANd Brian was having problems posting to the D list, so I forwarded it on for him. I'll let him know you have them if it turns out they'll work. And I should get your package in the mail by the first of the week!
Al
areibel

Postby j p » Fri May 01, 2015 2:34 pm

If it is meant for manufacturing, a model of something not available in TT yet would be much better than FA. Maybe the Kemtron model is not perfect - but if you make a correct one, I'd maybe buy one, not more. I would not throw away all my Kemtron models.
How about the Shark nose instead? I could definitely use more of those.

Why is RS-3 in your list of wishes? Ingo makes RS-3. Does it have any big errors too? I have ordered one and I'll post some pictures when it arrives.
j p

Postby areibel » Fri May 01, 2015 6:31 pm

j p wrote:Maybe the Kemtron model is not perfect - but if you make a correct one, I'd maybe buy one, not more. I would not throw away all my Kemtron models.

Come on JP, make up your mind! LOL!
If you would look at 50 foot boxcars the same way you would make it easier for the guy that owns Zeuke TT to sleep at night!
:lol:
areibel

Postby rdikken » Fri May 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Hi Al,

Don't worry, I sleep well.

Rob
rdikken

Postby j p » Fri May 01, 2015 10:20 pm

Thank you Bernd
Some of the errors can be fixed. I have to make new number boards anyway, they look different on the prototype I have chosen. The fuel tank is probably wider on the model to make space for the motor. The headlight is also different.
j p

Postby CSD » Sat May 02, 2015 11:12 pm

Hey guys, just for fun, do you think we could try to keep this on topic.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby j p » Sun May 03, 2015 3:21 am

Please move the RS3 posts from here to RS3 topic. Thanks!
j p

Postby gerhard_k » Sun May 03, 2015 1:08 pm

CSD wrote:Hey guys, just for fun, do you think we could try to keep this on topic.

I've mentioned it a few times elsewhere, but since I model SP with a citrus industry emphasis, I vote for a PFE steel reefer, R40-23 is the most common type. I would buy 12-15 of them. And I think a couple others on this board would also. :wave:

Oh, and a much longer shot: An SP C30-1 caboose, like Joe "Shipsure" had me salivating over :drool: last year at this time, before he dropped off the face of the Earth... :cry:
Sometimes you win... sometimes you learn.
gerhard_k

Next

Return to General Discussion