TT fine scale wheelsets are here!

Re: TT fine scale wheelsets are here!

Postby milwrd1 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:35 pm

Has anybody tried putting the FVM wheelsets in the old stamped HP freight truck?
milwrd1

Postby areibel » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:25 pm

Yup!
They fit right in, they don't ride on the needle point of the axle but they stay put without having to crunch the sideframes in past perpendicular.
They also fit in Rob M's trucks, they seem a hair loose but I think a slight bolster surgery (like with the GC trucks) would work, or Rob could probably supply the trucks with bolsters a hair shorter and they'd be a drop in. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for 36", I think I could use them in his roller bearing and Buckeye trucks.
areibel

Postby scaro » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:16 am

Al,

some locos, eg, E units, have 36" wheels. as to the reason, well search me (shrug). thought an express pass loco would have large dia wheels, remembering most diesels had 40". i got two pair of the sazmodel blomberg trucks yesterday and they are a very nice bit of gear. think I need a couple more GP38-2s though.

Ben
scaro

Postby areibel » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:02 pm

Hi Ben,
I've got a long stalled project to build an E8, so 36" ones would be a plus for a dummy. I have a couple sets of the nice sideframes so if I'd get the body built I'd be in business! I'm trying to use the Lionel shells but it takes a lot of chopping to get it all right.
Al
areibel

Postby scaro » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:52 am

ART&DETAIL wrote:the picture :wink:

okay, here some other pitcure from (left to right/back to front)

tt Standard, tt-fine, tt-fine with US Profile

ben, send me your adress and you get a pay pal invoice - you will get 2 or 4 PCs - for 1 or 2 truck?

Michael

Michael's wheels arrived today and are very good. Hope Michael reads this thread because the way the TT fine US profile wheels are designed, with 1mm diameter stubs, an 8.5mm diameter version could be used to convert the Atlas C628 chassis for diesels such as the RS1, RS3 and possibly C424 and GP30 and GP35 with AAR trade-in trucks.

Ben
scaro

Postby scaro » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:57 am

I am trying to order Fox Valley's TT wheels which are mentioned on their site but not listed for purchase. Tried emailing them to no avail. Any one have an idea of how to order ???

Cheers ,Ben
scaro

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:56 am

I got mine off eBay (FV was the seller).
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby richardedmonds » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:04 am

scaro wrote:I am trying to order Fox Valley's TT wheels which are mentioned on their site but not listed for purchase. Tried emailing them to no avail. Any one have an idea of how to order ???

Cheers ,Ben

Ben I got mine from Mark at Sazmodel if that helps
richardedmonds

Previous

Return to Prototypes / Models