What type of coupler?

Tillig style
No votes
Kadee #714
100%

Total votes : 11

Re: TT scale US wagons

Postby richardedmonds » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:55 pm

Yippee yippee yippee followed by ooooooohhhhhhhh Snowflake has arrived in total splendour and stupid boy me ordered only one truck DOH! However can cure that easily enough but Alex alex alex well done mate. I see what you said about the not so smooth finish but nevertheless this is a magnificent acheivement and the detail is deep enough to smooth the thing up with paint. I was very excited about this development and I am glad to say that I still am with the critter wriggling in my hand.
Take a bow my friend you have done very well.
richardedmonds

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:20 pm

Wooooohooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic! I am VERY happy to hear that my work has not been for nothing :)))

As for the truck, I've thought about putting a pair of them in a single file so they are ordered as a pair.

Version 1 of the tank should be in my hands on monday and I can probably make it available a week after that (will probably require some revisions).
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby areibel » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:08 pm

My Turn!
All of what Richard said plus an extra Wow! I'm really impressed, they really came out nice. I bought a couple thinking I'd bash one into a drop end gondola, looks like I'll have to order another one (or two) to experiment with. I'll see how my painting skills progress, I can't wait to see them painted and decalled!
DEFINATELY worth a keg!
Al
areibel

Postby BTTB Fan » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:32 pm

My parcel has done a grand tour of the US before finally arriving into Canadian distribution centre. Hoping to get it by the end of the week.
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Postby ctxmf74 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:13 pm

ConducTTor wrote:Wooooohooooooooo!!!!!!!!
As for the truck, I've thought about putting a pair of them in a single file so they are ordered as a pair.

To keep the postage costs down maybe a 5 pair lot would be a good option? ...dave
ctxmf74

Postby richardedmonds » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:40 pm

Actually Alex I think that would be an improvment, in my eagerness to get snowflake I did assume that the trucks came as a pair. In doing that I didn't notice the price difference in the total so the mistake was made.
richardedmonds

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:54 pm

You guys, I'm so freaking excited that you're excited!
As far as truck pakages, there are no postage costs - shipping is free. I will however make the trucks a pair. I may also add them as part of each wagon so no thought is required about how many of what item needs to be ordered (they would still be available separately so you can buy for kitbashing something else.

I have to be honest, since this whole deal has started looking better and better, my interests are changing. There are still some German prototype models that I want but my focus is quickly turning to NA. I baddly want to string up 4 or 5 Geeps with 50 cars behind them. Now I just need to tripple the size of my layout LOL
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby areibel » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:20 pm

It was a VERY good TT day here!
First the Shapeways package (my UPS guy droppedit off at work), when I got home from work my package from Ingo Schwaetzer
with a bunch of brass goodies. I need to take next week off and get building a railroad!
areibel

Postby ctxmf74 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:00 am

areibel wrote:
when I got home from work my package from Ingo Schwaetzer
with a bunch of brass goodies

and what might those brass goodies be? .....dave
ctxmf74

Postby Bill Dixon » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:39 am

My package from Shapeways arrived today. Not a bad turnaround time, ordered on the 3rd, delivered on the 11th.

First impressions are very good. The slightly rough texture is noticeable to the touch. I hope that paint will hide this as it would be a pain to sand it smooth.

Now to prime the model. I am thinking of using a spray can of Tamiya fine grey primer. Then I think a basic black paint scheme. Decals will have to be made unless somebody already has some for sale. If not are there any good pictures of the prototype to work from?

Overall I am impressed with the results. The cost is reasonable and you can't complain about the turnaround time, eight days from order to model in hand is excellent.

Engine shells are a definite possibility with this process. But first perhaps some more basic freight cars so we figure out all the kinks in the process. With the light weight of the models adding weight to say flat cars will be interesting. Figuring out what level of detail the process, both design and production, will handle is something we need to learn.

You did a great job ConducTTor. A few cold beers are in order.

Bill Dixon
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

PreviousNext

Return to Prototypes / Models