What type of coupler?

Tillig style
No votes
Kadee #714
100%

Total votes : 11

Re: TT scale US wagons

Postby richardedmonds » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:41 am

Brilliant Alex even though I am still trying to get my head around that a couple of weeks ago snowflake was just a computer image. Miracles do happen then!
richardedmonds

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:50 am

richardedmonds wrote:Brilliant Alex even though I am still trying to get my head around that a couple of weeks ago snowflake was just a computer image. Miracles do happen then!

Technology's a Haggis ain't it :wink:
My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby scaro » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:27 pm

Good good good. Another hurdle crossed. Cheers, Ben
scaro

Postby areibel » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:20 pm

Woo Hoo!
Just got the email, mine are on the way!

ConducTTor,
Did they give you any suggestions on painting the material? I have some Scale Coat paint (water based), I was going to treat it just like a resin kit- wash with warm water and detergent, light primer coat then finish paint.
Al
areibel

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:31 pm

areibel wrote:Woo Hoo!
Just got the email, mine are on the way!

ConducTTor,
Did they give you any suggestions on painting the material? I have some Scale Coat paint (water based), I was going to treat it just like a resin kit- wash with warm water and detergent, light primer coat then finish paint.
Al

I got emails today saying that some ordered parts are being shipped so several of you will be getting a package in the next few days :)

As far as painting, it's not a forte of mine so I'm not really sure on a lot of it. Ill have to get onto the shapeways forum and see what they suggest. Ultimately i was hoping to get some direction from those of you who are savvy in that department.
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby areibel » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:44 pm

Thanks Boss!
I was thinking the water based paints would work better, I was always told they're a little more flexible than the solvent based paints. If the material it's made of is a little flexible, it might be a good thing!
And also I was planning ahead for the possible (probable?) screw ups with me learing to airbrush. I picked up a small enough regulator so I can tie onto my big compressor, just a littel plumbing and I should be all set. I plan on practicing on som HO scal ejunkers I have lying around, but even if I get everthing perfect on them I'm bound by Murphy to screw up what I really want perfect. With the Scalecoat, I can strip it off with water or 90% alcohol (isopropyl, not ethyl!). With stripper for the solvent paints it might just turn it into a glob.
Al
areibel

Postby BTTB Fan » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:50 pm

I got an e-mail that my order is shipping as well! They must have pooled our ordeers and ran them through the production at the same time. If it save them and us some money, I am all for it!
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:50 pm

BTTB Fan wrote:I got an e-mail that my order is shipping as well! They must have pooled our ordeers and ran them through the production at the same time. If it save them and us some money, I am all for it!

I dont think there is any economic benefit - they just fire up the machine and feed it cad files. IIRC, except for one or two people, all of you placed your orders the same day so it makes sense that they're done at the same time.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby ctxmf74 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:10 pm

areibel wrote:Thanks Boss!
I was thinking the water based paints would work better, I was always told they're a little more flexible than the solvent based paints.
And also I was planning ahead for the possible (probable?) screw ups with me learning to airbrush. I plan on practicing on som HO scale junkers I have lying around, but even if I get everthing perfect on them I'm bound by Murphy to screw up what I really want perfect. With the Scalecoat, I can strip it off with water
l

Water based paints are a little harder to learn to use but their advantage of not needing strong solvents to clean the airbrush make them worth the trouble. I'd definitely practice on some old junkers till you are comfortable with the airbrush, experiment with paint and pressure as each paint acts a little differently. Regular Scalecoat is a solvent based paint so you might have scalecoat II instead?
What are you guys planning to use for decals for your gondolas? Anyone got a source for TT scale USA railroad decals? ...dave
ctxmf74

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:25 pm

I havent gotten to thinking about decals yet. I recently decided to freelance my own railroad with all US rolling stock so i wont even get to paint until I develop the look I want.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Prototypes / Models