TT Scale Society

TT Scale Society

Postby areibel » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:53 pm

I am happy to announce the opening of the TT Scale Society. This is a group specifically formed to promote the manufacture of North American prototype TT Scale Models.
We are looking at a GP38-2 as our initial project, and depending on the number of members we get we may also be able to do a GP40-2 and a piece of rolling stock. The masters will be produced by a manufacturer with a lot of experience in rapid prototyping and already produces N scale diesel parts. We will only be furnishing the resin shells and the etched metal details, but there are several possibilities for a powered chassis. If all goes as expected we could have these shells by January or February.
Initial dues are $50, renewals will be $25. If you join now your dues will be valid until December of 2010. If you are interested you can learn more by joining the Yahoo group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TT_Scale_Society/
You will be able to join as a moderated member. When you join Please take the time to read the Bylaws posted in the Files section, they describe the way we’re going to operate and the benefits of being a member. To become a member you only need to send your payment within 30 days to our treasurer and you’re in! More information will be posted on the website. This is our chance to bring TT into the modern era, we appreciate your support!
areibel

Re: TT Scale Society

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:01 pm

This is kick Haggis. Joined and waiting for membership approval. It's good to see the die-hard serious US TTers on the list of members!
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby areibel » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:39 pm

Here's a little more information-
To join you will need to have a Yahoo account, which you can easily get at the main Yahoo page, http://www.yahoo.com
When you have that, you can click on the link for the group listed above to go to the group's home page.
Then look for a button on the right side that says "Join this Group" and click on that. It will ask you a few basic questions and then you submit for approval. We are accepting anyone with an interest in North American prototype models, where ever you're from! And the more members we get the more models we can make.
To complete the process of Joining the TT Scale Society, please send your payment of $50 for the initial dues to our Treasurer, Jim O’Brien within 30 days. For those of you not familiar with Jim, he was one of the first people to start “bringing TT back”. Through his company , Costal Engineering, he produced several freight car kits, an NMRA style standards gauge in TT and several other helpful items. With his experience in both business and TT, Jim was a perfect choice to be our treasurer. He's not as involved in he manufacturing end as much now, but Jim’s line of rolling stock is now available through Possum Valley Models, owned by Elmer McKay- another of our founding members and a driving force in TT.
Payment may be mailed to Jim at PO Box 2043, Duxbury, MA, 02331 or via Paypal to Cer1976@cs.com We are encouraging everyone to mail payment via check or money order if possible, it puts more money in the bank. Paypal takes a percentage but it still may be the preferred method for some members, especially those overseas.
Thank You for joining the TT Scale Society!
areibel

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:54 pm

A quick note to our members:

I personally have joined the group and am in the process of sending money. I am comfortable with this due to the names associated with the project. However, joining and sending money is strictly your own decision.

Frankly I find this ^^^ completely asinine but in the land of litigation you gotta cover yourself :evil:
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby silentprofi » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:42 am

Hi

This is a good idea. Now its time to bring TT back to the US. Since TT is the true American scale. At the moment I am deployed in Afghanistan so I have less time for the hobby but I am watching. I will be on board for this venture.

TT all the way
silentprofi
silentprofi

Postby scaro » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:20 am

Good. Time to join.

Ben
scaro

Postby jmass » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:11 pm

cool im joining.
jmass

Postby AstroGoat760 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:50 pm

Ditto
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby jmass » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:07 pm

i see we have a mad rush of people joining up at tt scale society. kinda disapointing, but maby it will pick up.
jmass

Postby BTTB Fan » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:45 pm

I joined.
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Next

Return to General Discussion