TT Scale Society

Re: TT Scale Society

Postby scaro » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:17 am

brilliant. now to sending in my dues ... neat way of asking for them, al :wink:
scaro

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:38 pm

Al, the fans look to have come out very well - if you could take a close up pic that would be great.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby areibel » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:20 pm

I'll see if I can scrounge a better camera to take some close up pics. There are a few hiccups, it needs little touch ups where the splices are (Mark's machine can't make the full length of the big piece, so it is done in two pieces). And I'm hoping the rest isn't MIA for long, I REALLY want to post some pics of the whole works.
Some good news though, I've got a lead on an etcher that's relatively close and knows model RR stuff, so that might be easier than I thought.
areibel

Postby ConducTTor » Mon May 23, 2011 9:31 pm

Courtesy of areible for those who are not members of the society:

GP 38_2 trucks.jpg

GP 38_2 body.jpg

GP 38_2 body 2.jpg

GP 38_2 body 3.jpg
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby jmass » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:17 pm

whats the news on the gp 38 project? maybe its time to send a reminder for all are new members.
jmass

Postby areibel » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:53 pm

We're creeping forward (ever so slowly) but it is forward!
I have the first resin versions of the shell, there are a few very minor things that need corrected but the caster is the one that pointed them out- I would probably have missed some of them! He's doing a revised mold to fix everything, so with one more package from NZ I think we'll be set to order the shells.
It is January, and dues are due again but I'm not pressing it yet- I hate to ask for dues one more time without something in hand. There is enough in the treasury to get started, we just have to make sure everything is right on the production side. So I'm going to say that when the shells are ready to go, anyone that is a member and has paid dues in the past will be eligible for the member's price. Jim O' (our treasurer) has kept very detailed records of who has paid and who hasn't sowe knowwho you are. We do have a couple that joined the Yahoo group but haven't paid- some might have forgotten, but in at least one case I know the reputation of the member and it's probably not an oversight! More like what my grandmother would have called "nose trouble", just trying to keep up on what we're doing! When I make the announcement anyone who hasn't (or doesn't) pay up will be dropped- no leeches here!
And anyone who hasn't joined can join then and get the stuff at the member's price too, so some of the wait and see types can get in on it too. I'm not trying to be a hard Haggis, I'd like everyone to have the opportunity to buy if they want, members or not but the members are the one that are spending their money to make this happen. And hopefully many more projects to come!
Al
areibel

Postby jmass » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:17 pm

have notices been sent out for renewal dues?
jmass

Postby jmass » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:51 pm

havent received renewal notice so sent mine in. anything new with this project?
jmass

Postby sacto-tt » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:27 pm

With the SW1200 getting pretty close, I'm getting excited about pulling something out of a box and with little/no assembly it can be plopped down on the rails and run. About a year ago the GP38-2 was making good progress, but haven't heard anything lately. I'm hoping it is still in the works... :pray:
-Joe-
sacto-tt

Postby areibel » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:00 pm

Well, we're kind of a the mercy of the caster right now. I contacted him a couple months ago, he said he needed to make new molds to correct a couple small issues. I last heard from him on April 19, so I'm hoping he's making some progress!
areibel

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion