TT Scale on themodelrailwayshow.com

Re: TT Scale on themodelrailwayshow.com

Postby scaro » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:06 am

there certainly have, in the UK. on cable i think, but i don't recall the name of it.
scaro

Postby sacto-tt » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:44 pm

The DIY channel (US TV Channel) made a series called "Workin' on the Railroad" a few years back. They built a Woodland Scenics HO layout and had experts come in to get demos/tutorials on different topics. Some of the people included Miles Hale & David Popp. It wasn't too bad. Lasted only one season though.
-Joe-
sacto-tt

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:44 pm

^^^ That's pretty cool. I never saw it :(
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby railtwister » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:38 pm

ConducTTor wrote:HAHA! You guys are funny :) Has there ever been a TV show about model trains - in ANY scale??? I'd love to watch one.

Alex,

Yes, it was called "Tracks Ahead" and was produced for cable networks. I never got cable (because I don't think the cost for the premium channels is worth it) so I can't be sure, but I believe "Tracks Ahead" is still being shown, and may even be producing new episodes. Check you cable TV listings to see if it's available in your locale.

Bill in FL
railtwister

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:14 pm

Thanks Bill I'll take look. BTW, if anyone is interested a web show about model trains would be relatively cheap to make and may get some traction. I'll take royalties for the idea :)
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:31 pm

railtwister wrote:
ConducTTor wrote:HAHA! You guys are funny :) Has there ever been a TV show about model trains - in ANY scale??? I'd love to watch one.

Alex,

Yes, it was called "Tracks Ahead" and was produced for cable networks. I never got cable (because I don't think the cost for the premium channels is worth it) so I can't be sure, but I believe "Tracks Ahead" is still being shown, and may even be producing new episodes. Check you cable TV listings to see if it's available in your locale.

Bill in FL

Tracks Ahead has been produced on-and-off, 7 seasons were done between 1990 and 2009, Season 8 is supposed to be out this year.

Alex, when we get our VHS boxes unpacked and our season sets located after the move, we will let you borrow them to watch.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby Arseny » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:10 am

AngrySailor302 wrote:Tracks Ahead has been produced on-and-off, 7 seasons were done between 1990 and 2009, Season 8 is supposed to be out this year.

Alex, when we get our VHS boxes unpacked and our season sets located after the move, we will let you borrow them to watch.

This one?

http://www.tracksahead.net/

If yes, you can watch in on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32HAV-CIYgc
and so on...
Arseny

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:43 am

Good link Arseny! At around 12:20 of this clip there's something you don't often hear :)

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby jmass » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:31 am

this is the episode from the dream plan build series i made mention of a while back. would like to contact mr taylor to see if he still dabbles in tt scale.
jmass

Postby Arseny » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:30 am

Oh, it's famous Dick Taylor who tried to make a business in TT in 1990s ?!
Arseny

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion