TT Scale Models Library Q&A

TT Scale Models Library Q&A

Postby CSD » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:45 pm

Some of the models presented in the TT Scale Models reference forum deserve discussion. So as not to clutter the library with conversation, I thought to start a separate topic.
Mark
//S
CSD

Re: TT Scale Models Library Q&A

Postby CSD » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:50 pm

Ok, first question for ConducTTor. The Brawa E95 you posted: The two halves of the unit look to be spaced kind of far apart. I assume it is to accommodate the shaper radii. Do you think it is possible to modify the unit to bring the two halves closer together? How would removing the motor shaft between the motors effect performance? Your pictures of the model have inspired the possible purchase of one. Would you highly recommend one? Your turn to be a bad influence.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:55 pm

CSD wrote:Ok, first question for ConducTTor......... Your turn to be a bad influence.

:lol: :lol:

When is it my turn?
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:03 pm

I think the space between the halves may look bigger in pictures than in real life. Without measuring I would say it's 2-3mm. Shortening it would cause issues with tighter radii. If you wanted to shorten however, you would need to shorten the plastic 'coupler' that connects the two halves. I don't see this as being an issue - it's a relatively simple piece and it would be very easy to make your own to whatever length you need. As for the shaft, I haven't examined it in detail but I believe you would have to cut it in half, take length away from one half and then join them back together. As for removing the shaft altogether, that shouldn't cause any issues but there may be some slight variations between the two motors which may or may not be obvious during running.

Would I recommend it?

Absolutely. Be gentle, the details around the wheels and railings are easily breakable.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby CSD » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:37 am

Thanks for the info. It is now on the way. The damn thing is way outside my focus, but if we want them to produce more models we've got to buy the ones they offer. Right?
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby BTTB Fan » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:30 am

CSD wrote:The damn thing is way outside my focus, but if we want them to produce more models we've got to buy the ones they offer. Right?

Oy! Can I nominate this phrase for the Best TT Enabler Ever? My wallet is going to hate you, CSD! :D
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:55 am

BTTB Fan wrote:
CSD wrote:The damn thing is way outside my focus, but if we want them to produce more models we've got to buy the ones they offer. Right?

Oy! Can I nominate this phrase for the Best TT Enabler Ever? My wallet is going to hate you, CSD! :D

Best TT Enabler Ever. I second nomination. :lol:
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby areibel » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:15 pm

Hey Boss!
How's about a "Misc. American TT" category in the library? There are some oddball manufacturers that didn't turn out a lot, but are still kind of neat.
areibel

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:12 pm

areibel wrote:Hey Boss!
How's about a "Misc. American TT" category in the library? There are some oddball manufacturers that didn't turn out a lot, but are still kind of neat.

We could do misc. but I have no problem doing separate as well. What do you prefer?
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby areibel » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:18 pm

I think the Misc category would work fine, Especially since in the later years some of the manufacturers got a little blurred-Christoph was a manufacturer that made several nice kits, but mosy of the kits started with Everett Smith. Identical kits, just two different boxes. Same with Tempe TT, he produced a lot of the same kits as Allegheny Scale Models, after he bought out John Harmon. And there are more! One would do for now, you could always split them off later if it gets too big.
Al
areibel

Next

Return to Prototypes / Models