TT Scale Layout - South Africa report

TT Scale Layout - South Africa report

Postby TT-SouthAfrica » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:55 am

It's Spring in South Africa and with that I've decided to get back on track, (excuse the pun) with the construction of my Layout and the restoration and repairs to not only my BTTB/Tillig stock, yet also my rokal equipment. Over time my workshop which also houses my layout (what is now just basic baseboard framework) has seen a little dust and clutter which with spring, a little cleaning is taking place. Hence the word Spring Clean...

My layout plan originally has been for a modified "U" Shape of which uses two helixes on each end, with stations on each end. However due to the fact that I'm literally starting off from scratch again with my Layout, with new Tillig Track and abandoning the use or the attempt to use my original BTTB / ROKAL set Track. The layout is also being re-designed to be movable as I'm moving house in the new year.

A full re-design of the layout shape and track plan is now about to take place as well as a purchasing plan in terms of the purchase of the new track sections.

Rolling Stock still under maintenance and Restoration and have been running one of my BR23's on a new Tillig Track piece, slowly getting better each time I run it. More to come as things progress.
Regards
Gareth Owen
The one and possibly only South African TT'er
TT-SouthAfrica

Re: TT Scale Layout - South Africa report

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:51 am

Good idea to ditch the BTTB / Rokal track. I suggest using Tillig's Flex track for everything - it's too convenient.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby TT-SouthAfrica » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:28 pm

Absolutely, I'm going down the Flexitrack route, with Tillig Points, Curved Points and a few crossings depending on the final track plan, however still hesitant about sticking with an Electric System which is a lot cheaper or going digital which for me is a bit restrictive.
Regards
Gareth Owen
The one and possibly only South African TT'er
TT-SouthAfrica

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:50 pm

Same here. I bought a simple DC power supply/controller some years ago and use it on a regular basis. Over time I've started to accumulate DCC pieces little by little and now I run trains about 50/50 DC/DCC.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Return to Layouts / Track Plans