TT Scale in Model Railroading Books

Post your photos and video links here

TT Scale in Model Railroading Books

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sat May 15, 2010 10:20 pm

I found these two books at a hobby shop in Rhode Island today.

The first is called The Complete Book of Model Railroading, by David Sutton. The book was written in 1962. It focuses primarily on O, S, HO, and TT. Smaller scales than TT are only given passing mention. There are photos of a HP 4-6-2, HP 4-8-4, and a HP 4-6-6-4 in there, as well as plans that would work out quite well for TT scale use, and every chart that lists multiple scales, mentions TT, and conversion ratios. I paid $35 for this copy.

The second is called New Roads to Adventure in Model Railroading by Louis H. Hertz. The book was written in 1952. There is frequent mention of TT in the book, and even mentions the possibility of using TT for an outdoor layout! (Bad idea, though).
There is a lot of information in there on the kind of work that I am spanning off into: building one's own equipment, and pointers on converting a locomotive to be a Camelback type. I paid $30 for this copy.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Re: TT Scale in Model Railroading Books

Postby ConducTTor » Sat May 15, 2010 10:50 pm

Can I be honest? And potentially sound like an Haggis?

Ok, I'm going to be an Haggis.

I am starting to have a problem with info from the past. History is good. Except when that's all there is.

History is good as a vehicle for knowing what happened. I'm honestly getting tired of TT's beginnings. Because that's all we've got to go on here in the great North American frontier. After the history there is nothing. I want to start seeing posts about what is and what will be.

<Haggis="off">
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Return to Photos / Videos