TT Scale decals

TT Scale decals

Postby Murad » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:40 pm

Do you have any idea where to find TT scale american steam locomotive decals?... I've read a few articles on the internet about home made decals but this is a really expensive way....
WTB any of the HP Products locomotive parts
Murad

Re: TT Scale decals

Postby areibel » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:34 pm

Hi Murad,
There aren't many TT decals available, and I don't know of any for steam locomotives. Your best bet would be to look at N Scale (or maybe even HO) and see what will be close. Which railroad are you trying to find them for?
areibel

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:11 pm

Murad wrote:Do you have any idea where to find TT scale american steam locomotive decals?... I've read a few articles on the internet about home made decals but this is a really expensive way....

What type of decals are you trying to do? Big numbers on the tenders, such as done by the AT&SF or a herald?

There are decal sets of numbers only that could be applied, one digit at a time on the cab and tender. Said decals often come in sheets with a variety of sizes. There are also lettering kits that are of the same premise.

That might be an option for you, as well, on top of using N and HO scale decals by mixing and matching as needed.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby Murad » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:13 am

I would like to find decals for this consolidation:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/35138806@N08/3535393783/

AngrySailor302
Do you mean decal sets for TT or other scales?
Murad

Postby Murad » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:30 am

By the way if you have any other ideas which number to use for HP Products consolidation - tell me please =)
I looked through a lot of pictures of 2-8-0 but there is not a lot of similar to HP's one. Most of them have diffirent windows, front light, piping, other position of the bell and ect.
Murad

Postby areibel » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:57 am

That font is going to be a little hard to match, I found another pic-
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=1934895
And the big numbers on the tender aren't a normal Railroad Roman font (like most steam loco lettering). Note the base of the "4" and the way the "6" is shaped, that would probably be something made up by the railorad's own paint shop. You'll probably just have to find something close and use that. With no herald or lettering it will be a little easier but the numbers on the tender are large enough you will probably still see the difference. There aren't many prototypes that the HP matches closely (for any of the HP engines, actually)- The modeller had to be the one to make changes. Most didn't, they just built them, painted them and ran them!
areibel

Postby AstroGoat760 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:30 pm

Murad wrote:I would like to find decals for this consolidation:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/35138806@N08/3535393783/

AngrySailor302
Do you mean decal sets for TT or other scales?

The sheets I described are not for a particular scale, the sheets are typically one color and font with about a half dozen sized letters and or numbers on it. I made use of those quite a bit with some of my S gauge projects, and I know some would work for tender decals, possibly for cab detail, although it would take patience.

By the way, I have seen that particular engine myself a few years back.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby ConnRiver » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:58 pm

Jerry Glow is one decal producer who is happy to make decals in TT scale. If you wish to have his contact information, I will find it here.

Brian Chapman
Evansdale, Iowa
Brian Chapman
Cedar Rapids, Iowa / USA
ConnRiver

Return to Prototypes / Models