TT Scale 2013 NEW Models

Re: TT Scale 2013 NEW Models

Postby Arseny » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:13 pm

Russian Pobeda ("Victory") car was announced in TT and will be available soon.
Pobeda car was produced in 1946-1958.

pobeda1.jpg
pobeda2.jpg

Do you think it's interesting for Russians only? No, you are wrong! Pobeda was exported in Scandinavian countries (in Finland Pobedas were used as taxi) , and some other Western countries (Belgium, for example).

What about the US? Yes, there were some Pobedas in the USA too!
First of them was purchased by Mr.Slotkin in Finland in 1951.

Pobeda is famous Russian car. BTW, the 4*4 version was available too ("M-72"), I beleive it was one of the first SUVs in the world; based on the chassis of the military GAZ-69 all-road car...
Last edited by Arseny on Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arseny

Postby Arseny » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:43 am

Preliminary version of Russian Эм (Aem)steam locomotive from Peresvet, shown in Lössnitz.

comp_P1030208P.jpg
comp_P1030209P.jpg

(Small details are absent yet)
Arseny

Postby CSD » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:52 am

^^^ That's pretty neat.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:40 pm

It's so strange for me to see a Russian locomotive with buffers......That could be a very nice model if they make the details well. And paint the white on the wheels. Is this strictly a Peresvet model or are they collaborating with another manufacturer (I remember a few years ago a steam locomotive in their catalog and it said "in collaboration with.....")?
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Arseny » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:57 pm

ConducTTor wrote:It's so strange for me to see a Russian locomotive with buffers......That could be a very nice model if they make the details well. And paint the white on the wheels. Is this strictly a Peresvet model or are they collaborating with another manufacturer (I remember a few years ago a steam locomotive in their catalog and it said "in collaboration with.....")?

Yes, you are right, it is the same locomotive. In collaboration with Jago.
As concerns buffers - automatic couplings were introduced in USSR in 1935-1957. So you could see some cars and locomotives with chain couplers and buffers until 1957 (and of course some locomotives kept buffers for some time after 1957). This version of steam locomotive was produced in 1931—1934, so of course it had buffers.

museum-moscow-em740.jpg
Arseny

Postby Arseny » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:19 am

New gondola car from Peresvet is available

Peresvet-gon.JPG
Arseny

Postby scaro » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:25 am

ConducTTor wrote:It's so strange for me to see a Russian locomotive with buffers......That could be a very nice model if they make the details well. And paint the white on the wheels. Is this strictly a Peresvet model or are they collaborating with another manufacturer (I remember a few years ago a steam locomotive in their catalog and it said "in collaboration with.....")?

based on what we have seen of their diesels on this list, it is encouraging that they decided to make something this complex in collaboration with someone else.

in addition to 0-10-0s, which were not so common in the US, american RRs had a number of 2-10-0s which were called 'russian' engines as the czar's government ordered them and either the white or red government that took control after his fall defaulted on paying for them. i believe the frisco, erie and squeak were big owners. it may be that this 0-10-0 has a similar wheelbase. i'm no steam expert though.
scaro

Postby Arseny » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:51 am

scaro wrote:in addition to 0-10-0s, which were not so common in the US, american RRs had a number of 2-10-0s which were called 'russian' engines as the czar's government ordered them and either the white or red government that took control after his fall defaulted on paying for them. i believe the frisco, erie and squeak were big owners. it may be that this 0-10-0 has a similar wheelbase. i'm no steam expert though.

They were E (Ye) series locomotives, built by Alco, Baldwin, and CLC (in Canada)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_lo ... e_class_Ye

Russia got E locomotives in 1915-1918, and later got a lot of such locomotives (approx.2000) in 1943-1947, by lend-lease. They were a little bit modernized.

Some of them were also exported toFinland (Tr2, nickname "Truman") and to China (ST-1). Also approx. 200 locomotives were in use on American railroads. They are also known as "Russian Decapods".

You are right, they had a similar wheelbase. Maybe, if this project will have success, and if Jago will be able to produce some more chassis/power units, somewhen in future Peresvet, MAYBE, can produce Ye locomotives also...
Arseny

Postby Arseny » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:45 pm

Arseny

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:01 pm

Looks very nice. I wonder if the rear lights will work and how it will run.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Prototypes / Models