TT Scale 2013 NEW Models

Re: TT Scale 2013 NEW Models

Postby LVG1 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:40 pm

I've never heard about a child which was disappointed about a toy train which was not prototypical.

And I guess Tillig also hasn't...
"Let's eat, grandpa."
Punctuation marks save lives!
LVG1

Postby Dibbedabb » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:57 pm

Regarding the set with the TRAXX Diesel:
Never the less the child will be disappointed.
Although Tillig made or announced at least 5 different compositions of the TRAXX Diesel, the flat and the box car, they obviously never tried the set. The straight track has a length of 166 millimeters, while the shorter of the freight cars (the flat car) is also 166mm, the longer box car ist nearly 200mm long. Following this, you can't couple the cars (or a car and the loco with its 158mm) on a straight track, but you have to couple them in curves.
But as we all know, the couplers (no matter if Tillig or Kuehn) don't like coupling in curves. Following this fact, the child will hardly be able to couple and uncouple and so really "play" with the train. At least not without parents' help... Plus the bedding track with its poor production quality... (all parts I have bend up on both ends)

Regarding Lorenz' freight cars:
Their quality is really ok. The Y25-bogies are quite simple, simpler than Tillig's, Kuehn's or Roco's. The container cars and the tank cars run good, print is sharp but partly wrong (Lorenz used the wrong font for labels and even for the DB-logo :wall: , I hope Busch changed this). All cars I have have short coupler, but the coupler mount was really tricky when you wanted to change to the "new" coupler. Lorenz himself started to change to the usual coupler mount. If Busch finishs this, we can all say thank you!
Conclusion: Good, that the models aren't lost, and with Busch improving them to usual standards and the better availability of Busch products it can be a good end. They even want about the same money like Lorenz wanted.
Dibbedabb

Postby Christtking » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:00 pm

Quick response to LVG1 (nothing personal).Tillig does that with the expensive models, not only with the cheap ones. He's been doing that for years. Do you think he really cares? I've been sending him ideas about super (extra) detailing his existing models, but I stopped, because he never had the discency to sent me a "Thank you!". Last year they started to add (imitate) the marker lights (and if applicable the outer rubber fittings e.g. Silberlinge). I've been doing that to my models since the 80's. And how about painting the damn seats (furniture, whatever), inside them passenger cars.I've never seen passenger cars with white or cream corridors, seats and walls. For the kind of money they charge for their models, I'm really dissapointed!
Christtking

Postby j p » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:22 pm

LVG1 wrote:I've never heard about a child which was disappointed about a toy train which was not prototypical.

And I guess Tillig also hasn't...

That depends on the age of the child. 10-12 years old would be disappointed.
My 3 years old is happy about toy trains in general. Even at his age he knows more about trains than his mother.
He does not know all types of rolling stock yet, of course. Here is his identification of engines and cars:

Steam engine (+color) = any steam engine painted in that color
Diesel engine = hood style diesel engine (SW1200 or BR110 DR)
Toy train = cab style diesel engine (F7) ... because one of those is on the box of his "Toy Trains" DVD.
Electric engine = any electric engine
Electric engine GG1 = GG1 (he loves GG1; when he goes to sleep, he says: good night father, good night mother, good night GG1)
Bullet train = Japanese high speed train
Monorail over track
Monorail under track
boxcar = boxcar or reefer
flat car
tank car
caboose
hopper
gondola
crane
passenger car
coal car = tender
motor car = DMU
IC3 = DSB's IC3 DMU (MF)
ICE = German ICE train
streetcar ding ding = streetcar
cable car ding ding = cable car
metro train = subway

He likes to play also with TT trains, but I would not consider buying such a starter set for him. Cheap electric engines from Piko with BTTB passenger cars are fine for now and those are more prototypical than the Tillig's start sets.
j p

Postby LVG1 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:50 pm

There's a difference between toys and models.
Start sets are indended to be toys which make children interested.
Children, who are dissapointed about non-prototypicality, already are interested.

I don't have a problem with start sets which don't care about prototypicality because I don't consider myself as part of their target group.
"Let's eat, grandpa."
LVG1

Postby Arseny » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:25 pm

Arseny

Postby Arseny » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:27 pm

Video about Tillig's novelties from Nuremberg
(reposted from http://forum.tt-hobby.ru)

Arseny

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:13 pm

Nothing new. The novelty would be getting something to market.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:11 pm

Does anyone know what they're talking about in the video?
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby LVG1 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:59 am

They are talking about the news shown in this video, tell something about launching dates and say that series 35.10 (former series 2310) is currentily being constructed.

By the way:
The blue and white railcar shown is H0.
The red and white passenger car shown is H0m (narrow gauge).
"Let's eat, grandpa."
LVG1

PreviousNext

Return to Prototypes / Models