TT Scale 2012 NEW Models

Re: TT Scale 2012 NEW Models

Postby anotherTTnut » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:24 pm

Piko just announced two complete new models for 2012 & 2013, see the links below:

"Aber auch die Freunde der Spurgröße TT dürfen sich auf äußerst interessante Neuheiten freuen. Der E-Triebzug Talent 2 erscheint bereits im Sommer in der 2-tlg. Ausführung und Anfang 2013 liefert PIKO mit der Diesellok V90 eine weitere komplette Formneuheit in dieser Spurgröße aus."

- Talent 2: http://www.piko-shop.de/index.php?vw_ty ... w_id=13203
(available in the middle of 2012)

- V90: http://www.piko-shop.de/index.php?vw_ty ... w_id=13204
(available early 2013)

:thumbup:
anotherTTnut

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:15 am

They also have new models of the Taurus, Hercules and, G1206 (different paint) but they haven't announced them yet. The Talent 2 is a strange choice I think. As far as I know it's not even licensed on German rails yet.
My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Marquette » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 am

The V90 also strikes me as a strange choice, there are many other Bundesbahn locomotives and railcars I think would be more important... 111, 120, 420, 456/ET56, 515/ETA150, 614, 624/VT24, 628, 795/VT95/798/VT98...

I admit I'm a bit biased as far as the VT24 goes, as I'd get one to repaint as a Yugoslavian "Green Train/Zeleni Vlak"... but I honestly think whoever ends up making the Uerdinger Schienenbus will make a great deal of money, and there are SO many railway options for it - just off the top of my head, Germany, Austria, Spain, Luxembourg, Yugoslavia, Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia, Lebanon, Uruguay... and I've probably missed a few. Roco makes it in HO, I'd think it'd be an obvious choice for them...
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby Zs12 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:06 am

ConducTTor wrote:The Talent 2 is a strange choice I think. As far as I know it's not even licensed on German rails yet.

Oh they are since October 2011: http://www.eba.bund.de/cln_031/nn_20224 ... __160.html
Zs12

Postby Arseny » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:15 am

Marquette wrote:As I understand it, the Worsley Works body kit was designed for use with the BTTB T435 chassis. I have no clue as to whether the BTTB model was dimensionally accurate, but in the end whether the kit would fit the new Tillig chassis will depend entirely on what Tillig's done with the chassis...

Some H0-scale modeller told me on the forum.modelldepo.ru that I should shorten the ChME-2 shassis by 3 mm to be accurate.
I can't decide, if it obligatory to saw the chassis, or it would be better to use it "as is"...
Arseny

Postby Dibbedabb » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:25 am

I just wonder, because the Piko news were published between christmas and new year, I thought ;-)

To me it's less strange that Piko picked the V90. All models Piko has done are at least usable for eras V and VI, if not developed in this time. They won't do anything that was scrapped before eras V/VI. Plus Bundesbahn is something not very popular in TT scale - quiet sad. Many TT railroaders do Reichsbahn (which really bores me), or the modern railways DBAG or private (V/VI).
And the V90 is now common all over Germany, not only the former west, since most of the shunters from the former east are already scrapped.
111 is announced by Kuehn (let's see, when)
120 is a great locomotives - somebody should do it (but I'm not sure, if it should be Piko - see the class 151)
420 and the other EMUs are too special, since they never reached the former east.
Same is with the DMUs, while the 628 as subseries .4 is now available from Kres.
VT95 and VT98 would be great, but I would think, they more fit into Kres' portfolio. The VT95 would be too special I think.

As lüTTe said the Talent2 are now entering service - very slowly. But Piko did the 442 in H0, so they can use it for TT. And as far as I know the 442 is a really good constructed model. Let's see. I'm looking forward to it.
Dibbedabb

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:53 am

Arseny wrote:
Marquette wrote:As I understand it, the Worsley Works body kit was designed for use with the BTTB T435 chassis. I have no clue as to whether the BTTB model was dimensionally accurate, but in the end whether the kit would fit the new Tillig chassis will depend entirely on what Tillig's done with the chassis...

Some H0-scale modeller told me on the forum.modelldepo.ru that I should shorten the ChME-2 shassis by 3 mm to be accurate.
I can't decide, if it obligatory to saw the chassis, or it would be better to use it "as is"...

Don't make any decisions yet.
My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby JBr » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:59 pm

Well, technically this info should belong to 2011 thread but as we're already almost a month in 2012 I'll put it there. Kuehn's Goggles (including DS Model's limited editions of CSD T478.3 locos) are finally released. I should get mine sometime next week (depends on how fast my bank will process the money transfer and then how fast the post will be :)). Limited edition model of 750.346 should be released in 3 or 4 months.
XpressnetLib - .NET class library for DCC model railroad control
JBr

Postby Marquette » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:08 pm

Dibbedabb wrote:I just wonder, because the Piko news were published between christmas and new year, I thought ;-)

To me it's less strange that Piko picked the V90. All models Piko has done are at least usable for eras V and VI, if not developed in this time. They won't do anything that was scrapped before eras V/VI. Plus Bundesbahn is something not very popular in TT scale - quiet sad. Many TT railroaders do Reichsbahn (which really bores me), or the modern railways DBAG or private (V/VI).

If I were to do a layout or module with a German theme, I would without vacillation pick era IV Bundesbahn. Somehow, that seems to me to be the real "golden era"... but perhaps that has to do with my childhood in the 1980s and learning German by reading Fleischmann catalogues of the period...

I guess it's a positive overall that there have been a decent number of era IV DB models becoming available over the past few years!

And the V90 is now common all over Germany, not only the former west, since most of the shunters from the former east are already scrapped.
111 is announced by Kuehn (let's see, when)
120 is a great locomotives - somebody should do it (but I'm not sure, if it should be Piko - see the class 151)
420 and the other EMUs are too special, since they never reached the former east.
Same is with the DMUs, while the 628 as subseries .4 is now available from Kres.
VT95 and VT98 would be great, but I would think, they more fit into Kres' portfolio. The VT95 would be too special I think.

I look forward to seeing the 111, though without holding my breath. If they do one in S-Bahn orange and white, I'll get one... that's a little special to me, as one such was the very first photo of a locomotive I ever took in Germany...

Well, hopefully people can mobilise Kres to do an Uerdinger. Why do you say the VT95 would be too special? Were there not more of them built, at least for DB?
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby Dibbedabb » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:23 pm

As sad as it is with era IV Bundesbahn you would choose a niche in the small niche TT scale railroads. Some intolerant guy on the TT-Board said this about era V/VI (!). For many modelrailroaders "golden era" includes steam locomotives, and in the 80s they were still in use by Reichsbahn, but not by Bundesbahn. I guess this is one of the reasons, why Reichsbahn is the prefered topic. Besides the origin of most TT railroaders. Although I'm from the east, too, I don't like the Reichsbahn era and most of the locomotives of this time. In my opinion the eras V/VI are more interesting, due to different companies and more colours.

It's definitely positive that there are a number of Bundesbahn models available for TT now.

I'm not too sure of the VT98 and Kres. It would fit in their program, but I think the first time Kres was connected to the VT98 was 4 or 5 years ago. As you can see it didn't happen a lot since then. Everybody (including Kuehn) concentrates on the paths everybody has already gone (Reichsbahn eras III/IV). Who needs new markets and new costumers? Quite unreasonable to me.

I think VT95 is too special, because they were all withdrawn by the early 80s. The VT98 are at least still in use today on some museum rails, and the PEG used them on regular services in the Prignitz area north of Berlin. But you are right, th DB had more VT95 than VT98...
Dibbedabb

PreviousNext

Return to Prototypes / Models