TT Scale 2010 NEW Models

Re: TT Scale 2010 NEW Models

Postby CSD » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:05 am

ConducTTor wrote:"Goggles" from Roco as well? No picture but, note the scale and model number http://www.roco.cc/produkteshop/uebersi ... r-csd.html

Merry X-mas, CSD.

Now, this is getting good! After reading this I had to take a night to get myself under control. Merry X-mas indeed, it snowed yesterday. So much for autumn.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby Markus » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:05 am

I guess Roco´s loco is the CSD 478.1, that is the "Bardotka" or "zamracena":

See: http://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%8CSD_%C5%99ada_T_478.1

The brejlovec is technically quite similar, and therefore gotthe old type number 478.3.

At least I hope it´s the "Bardotka" Roco will sell, would be silly if both they and Kuehn started making the "brejlovec."
Markus

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:37 am

Markus wrote:At least I hope it´s the "Bardotka" Roco will sell, would be silly if both they and Kuehn started making the "brejlovec."

Uh huh. I don't see enough of a customer base in TT for dual developments. But maybe Roco knows something I don't.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Markus » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:15 pm

Saw that they dicuss the topic on the german TT-board, but they didn´t seem to know which of the locos it is either. But there has already been a bunch of models made by two different manufacturers (ie. the BR 103, the "taigatrommel", etc), and it would be better if they could try and make different ones instead. I hope Roco will try to redo their model if it is the brejlovec, after all, the bardotka isnt that different, and it´s mostly the front that looks different - the sides are the same, and it has the same dimensions, same bogies etc.
Markus

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:21 pm

Potentially they are sharing costs. Maybe the models won't be exactly the same but will have many parts sourced from the same manufacturer.
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby CSD » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:35 pm

It would be great if they made the T478.1, but since they already made the T478.3 in HO I suspect that will be the model. It seems that even though these are Czech locomotives they are still appealing to the larger (German) market by making cross boarder locomotives. Perhaps they are realizing the potential of the Czech market (and competition within) as they are equally coo-coo crazy for their machines. Either way very exciting to have a true Czech locomotive rather than a repainted foreigner. I hope it's the Bridget Bardot too!
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby Dibbedabb » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:48 pm

ConducTTor wrote:Potentially they are sharing costs. Maybe the models won't be exactly the same but will have many parts sourced from the same manufacturer.

Definitely not. Both are completely independent. Roco's loco will be a shriveled H0 model, with the same mistakes (only smaller).
Dibbedabb

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:55 pm

Dibbedabb wrote: with the same mistakes (only smaller).

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby gabbysuz » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:05 pm

Now, this is getting good! After reading this I had to take a night to get myself under control. Merry X-mas indeed, it snowed yesterday. So much for autumn.

Merry Xmas for sure, although its raining instead of snowing in typical Oregon fashion. wow nice to see Roco continuing to produce new TT models, always liked the T478s, amazing to watch the growth of TT in general, back in '94 I never dreamed there would be this many items to choose from or the quality. I just don't see how modelers could choose N over TT now ! I just hope there is no more duplicate models produced, waste of investment / time for the same model (Roco M62 an exception), when another could have been made available.
gabbysuz

Postby CSD » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:17 am

Oh, no. That T478 listing has disappeared from the Roco site.
Mark
//S
CSD

PreviousNext

Return to Prototypes / Models