TT Pilgrimage

Re: TT Pilgrimage

Postby Arseny » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:14 am

Sacred place... :) Mecca for TTers. :)
Arseny

Postby The Fish » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:09 am

I visited there 3 years ago and I am still drooling. I just did not have enough money. Sebnitz is a beautiful place to visit, but the cream is the shop. Still drooling
The Fish

Postby CSD » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:42 pm

anotherTTnut wrote:...I have already planned an entire day for this occasion. Probably have to put a cap on my Credit card or I will go crazy :crazy:...

Very good idea.

dileTTante wrote:...Hope you spoke to them about the e-mail thing...

Nope. They speak German; I speak English (and Czech which they also don't speak). I did, however; manage to communicate somewhat with the beautiful red headed girl working the store. If you ever learn English and read this red headed girl, I love you.

Arseny wrote:Sacred place... :) Mecca for TTers. :)

And there is even a bunch of stairs to climb so you feel like you've reached some temple or something.

Marquette wrote:...I kinda have a dream one day of getting a couple sets of them and kitbashing it to make a correct (to-scale) Shinkansen set... though the collectors would draw & quarter me for it...

The cases are alarmed.

The Fish wrote:I visited there 3 years ago and I am still drooling. I just did not have enough money. Sebnitz is a beautiful place to visit, but the cream is the shop. Still drooling

High five, Man!

ConducTTor wrote:O

M

G

I know.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:13 am

How would you compare the PIKO G 1206 to Piko's other TT offerings? It's the "Hobby" line so it's supposed to be of higher quality.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby scaro » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:34 am

i'd be keen to know too. the Hercules seems to be more cheaply built than the BR151. plastic vs metal axles, etc.
scaro

Postby CSD » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:04 pm

^^^ I have not as of yet had a chance to run it, but in appearance alone it is much better. The paint and details are crisp, the handrails are made of fine metal and the interior is detailed. The Hobby line is definitely much better. I would say it is the difference between a toy and a model.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby anotherTTnut » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:42 pm

CSD wrote:^^^ I have not as of yet had a chance to run it, but in appearance alone it is much better. The paint and details are crisp, the handrails are made of fine metal and the interior is detailed. The Hobby line is definitely much better. I would say it is the difference between a toy and a model.

I believe that this model is now in Piko`s Expert line, thus more detail and better quality. :geek:
Let`s wait for the day Piko releases a Classic model which would be their Top of the Line. So I suggest that we all buy a new model to support Piko and show them that there is a market and effort will be rewarded. So far Piko has picked models previously not released and Piko is big enough (understatement) to get more and better models out if they see the right sales numbers. :pray:

And of course, I prefer to give my hard earned money to one of the last surviving companies of the East German era and support economy in my old home province. :P
Attachments
Aug11.pdf
Piko`s August 2011 flyer
(3.12 MiB) Downloaded 242 times
anotherTTnut

Postby Robert22 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:13 am

Awesome! I bet you got so excited you could not keep your palms dry!
Robert22

Postby CSD » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:43 pm

^^^ Most of the pictures turned out blurry because I couldn't keep my hands from shaking.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby anotherTTnut » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:26 am

CSD wrote:Now, despite your personal feelings towards their lack of email response, this is the single best model shop I have ever been in!

CSD wrote:Now, despite your personal feelings towards their lack of email response, this is the single best model shop I have ever been in!

Time to break the silence upon my return from my vacation in Germany and I bring good news.
I got to see both shops as well and was able to talk to Michael Tillig at the Modellbahnshop Sebnitz about the lack of Email response from his shop.
He said that the do have somebody that looks over english speaking costumers and that he thinks that the spam filter cleans out Email unkwon and that is especially the case with Yahoo Email. So he gave me the direct Email of the person that speaks english over there: m.schiekel@modellbahnshop-sebnitz.de

So for all that had no luck so far getting in contact with them, hopefully that will help you out :thumbup:

By the way, the (part)owner Michael Tillig was pleasant to talk to and was going to look into adding a shipping option on his website to USA and Canada. And of course I gave him the link to this website as well which he was very interested in.....

Alex, for your personal inquiries with Modellbahnshop Sebnitz and Tillig, I have a different Email address that should work work wonders for you. Check your PM`s.

Now some background info about the two shops. It is my understanding that Modellbahnshop sebnitz used to operate out of the buiding that now has the Tillig factory sale and alwas had the museum. After Mr. Tillig left the company Tillig for health reasons and they have a new CEO, Michael Tillig (son) and his partner set up a new shop across the street to set them self apart. Thats the reason for the strange location of two big shops so close to each other.

As CSD mentioned before, the museum alone was worth the trip, but of course nothing beats the shopping experience in the Modellbahn Sebnitz shop. For me this was a whole day trip from my home town and by the end of the day I had an additional 750km on my odometer . I did managed to see Modellbahnwelt 24 on the way over there, and I`m glad I did. Check out the pictures below. This shop is located in the middle of nowhere (Im not kidding!) but the drive to it was worth the huge detour. Very nice owner and very well sorted inside and out. I managed to complete my order that I started Canada in the store and take a look at the models in person and bought way to much :oops: Oh well.....can`t wait to have the stuff in my hands soon.
While I was in the store and talking to the owner, I found out that he has apparently over 200 costumers in North America and one in particular was standing out for him here in Canada. Anytime this costumers orders he requests to have his package sealed waterproof so it can be chucked out of a driving train since it doesn't stop at his location. Identify yourself if you are on this forum :grin:

Check out the pictures below:
Attachments
P1030941.jpg
P1030942.jpg
P1030948.jpg
P1030949.jpg
P1030947.jpg
anotherTTnut

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion