TT Nut Roller Bearing Trucks (Barber S2)

TT Nut Roller Bearing Trucks (Barber S2)

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:03 pm

All discussion about the roller bearing trucks should go here.
My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Re: TT Nut Roller Bearing Trucks (Barber S2)

Postby scaro » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:58 pm

I should say that some 2mm dia axles for 3mm scale/12mm gauge use arrived today and are not what I hoped. They are too long at 20mm. Now hoping there are BTTB or HOn3 axles that might be of use for TT, 18.5mm length is ideal.

Ben
scaro

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:11 pm

scaro wrote:I should say that some 2mm dia axles for 3mm scale/12mm gauge use arrived today and are not what I hoped. They are too long at 20mm. Now hoping there are BTTB or HOn3 axles that might be of use for TT, 18.5mm length is ideal.

Ben

I haven't tried putting BTTB or Tillig wheels/axles (just GC) in the trucks yet but I can do that tonight and let you know the outcome.
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Zs12 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:27 pm

Gold Coast Railway's axles are 18.5 mm long too. So possibilities would be a) to ask ModMüller via e-mail for their 18.5 mm axles, b) to take old cheap BTTB ones or c) TT finescale wheel sets from ART&DETAIL ... , when they're available.
Last edited by Zs12 on Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zs12

Postby scaro » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:31 pm

I'm embarrassed by my lack of talent in languages, but does ModMuller speak English?

Cheers, Ben
scaro

Postby Zs12 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:52 pm

I don't know. Just test him! :wink:

You've a real chance. I am embarrassed to say that, because of my vestigial speech, but English it's the major foreign language here, beside French and Russian.
Last edited by Zs12 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zs12

Postby BTTB Fan » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:47 pm

Even if he doesn't, I find that Google and Yahoo Babelfish online translators do a decent job on everyday conversation text. Technical terminology is a bit of a problem, but still manageable. Of course, to make sure that your message has not been lost in translation, it doesn't hurt to run the reverse translation and compare the result to the original :P
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:12 am

FYI, there has been a slight modification to the trucks. After getting annoyed with having to use a drill bit to shave a little material from the mounting bolt hole, I enlarged the hole in the basic design. I hope this makes your life a tiny bit easier.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:43 pm

To alleviate some confusion, all models from now on will include these trucks by default (the ones that should prototypically use them that is). I am leaving the option of buying just the trucks for those who want to use them when kit bashing - but, again to alleviate confusion - they will only be available as a pair.

You can find them here http://www.shapeways.com/shops/ttnut.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby CaTTwoman281 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:55 pm

Is there any chance of making trucks for passenger cars?

We seem to be having a hard time finding passenger trucks, all we are able to find for new stuff is Possum Valley's 6 wheel passenger truck, which is bit big for some applications, not to mention a bit tricky to assemble. (I am still laughing at James gluing a truck to his hand once, and having a hard time getting it off.)
Real Women Not Only Drive Diesel Trucks, They Drive Diesel Tractors!
CaTTwoman281

Next

Return to Prototypes / Models