TT Nut PS2 2 Bay Covered Hopper

Re: TT Nut PS2 2 Bay Covered Hopper

Postby Richard-B » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:33 pm

Arseny wrote:Are the Dan Kohlberg's decals suitable for TT without changes?

Back in California... I have several decal sets that I ordered from Dan K <http://home.mindspring.com/~paducah/>... for IC and ICG cars.

Per my order he ALPS-printed them in TT Scale... and they are excellent.

Richard <leaving Shenzhen for France tomorrow...>
Richard-B

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:54 pm

Dave, I see you've added some details in the brake linkage area. Very very cool dude!!!

My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby ctxmf74 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:55 pm

ConducTTor wrote: I see you've added some details in the brake linkage area.

Yeah ,just some basic stuff to make the car end look interesting. Thanks for adding the brake details , they make it a lot easier to detail the end, all I added was a brake lever and ram to your cross beam and cylinder, and two brass airhoses from your tank to valve.
I'm wondering now how difficult it's gonna be to spray paint that end area up under the sloping hopper body, there's a lot of bars in the way,probably will take a lot of different angles of attack to hit it all.Grey would be a nice option for the plastic on this model :>) or build it as a white painted prototype if there were any. ...dave
ctxmf74

Postby Marquette » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:13 pm

A lot of these were light grey... I know I'll be ending up with several of the light grey MILW cars (which are still around in service! Saw one a year or so ago down in a nearby railyard)
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:24 pm

ctxmf74 wrote: I'm wondering now how difficult it's gonna be to spray paint that end area up under the sloping hopper body

I've been wondering that myself. I'm starting to get really pissed off cause work is killing me and I've had ZERO time to dedicate to working on these guys :evil:
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby ctxmf74 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:24 am

I finally got around to primering my PS2. Installed brass wire grabs, cut levers, and steps. Used an old HP boxcar roof walk and brake wheel. Now I gotta find some suitable decals then weather it. The roughness looks like it would be a problem if someone wanted to build a freshly painted car but I think it will be fine for a well used car. There's a photo of the primered model in my photo gallery for those interested....dave
ctxmf74

Postby Marquette » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:40 am

I was thinking the same about the roughness!

Something I'm doing for decals is getting one of Dan Kohlberg's sets for the ICG car, just for the data; I'll piece together the MILW reporting mark and road number from a lettering set - this could probably be a good option for any car that just had plain-Jane dat+reporting mark+running number lettering...
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:44 am

Dave just FYI, I love your work. What did you use for the roof walk? I intend to use GC parts.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby ctxmf74 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:14 am

ConducTTor wrote: What did you use for the roof walk? I intend to use GC parts.

I used an old white metal roofwalk I had, I think it was old HP or GandyDancer. The 40 foot length gave enough for the center piece and two short end side walks so a GlodCoast 40 car walk should be fine.....dave
ctxmf74

Postby JBr » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:32 am

I will go a bit off topic. I have noticed (and some of you mention it too) that the surface of objects created by Shapeways is a bit grainy (I know it's given by the printing technology). I'm thinking about creating some TT stuff myself (mostly Czech/European stuff like unpowered CKD bogies for dummy locos, InnoFreight Woodtainers, Kills box car, etc.) so I'm wondering if the surface of the object can be sanded to be smooth? I'd like to use Shapeways to print master models for resin casting.
XpressnetLib - .NET class library for DCC model railroad control
JBr

PreviousNext

Return to Prototypes / Models