TT Nut PS2 2 Bay Covered Hopper

Re: TT Nut PS2 2 Bay Covered Hopper

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:33 pm

Arseny wrote:Hope you'll visit Russia and we shall measure it in LITERS, not pints! :)

HAHAH!!

I hope to visit one day. A long time ago I lived very close....Sofia, Bulgaria.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby ctxmf74 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:28 pm

An update on my PS2 construction. I added the wire grabs last night with no problem. The plastic seems to melt about the same as regular ABS . Still need to add stirrup steps, cut levers, and a roof walk. I'm going to look for some square metal today for the center sill weight, if I can't find any the right size I guess I'll glue a plastic one on for now so I can go ahead and paint the car. I'll be ready to order a 3 bay version as soon as they are ready.....dave
ctxmf74

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:34 pm

Cool! Can you post some pics? I'm very interested in the details you added as I will need to do the same. The center will easily fit a 3mm X 3mm brass square tube and I think also a 4mm X 4mm tube as well.
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Marquette » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:09 am

So, mine arrived last night!

It looks really good!! I can already picture several of the 2 and 3 bay versions in a train... it'll look great.

As far as decals go... I won't give too much detail, but someone from a certain manufacturer who produces PS2s in another scale is sending me some lists of PS2 owners that they use in deciding which lettering variants to produce. I can already see this as being useful for us, too.

Off hand I know of one decal set suitable - Dan Kohlberg's set for ICG PS-2s - http://home.mindspring.com/~paducah/icg39.htm

There may be others out there done by producers who can/will print in TT, I just don't know them off hand.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby Arseny » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:20 am

Are the Dan Kohlberg's decals suitable for TT without changes?
Arseny

Postby ctxmf74 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:20 pm

ConducTTor wrote:Can you post some pics? I'm very interested in the details you added as I will need to do the same..

I put two photos in my photo gallery album. The ladder rungs are .010 brass wire. they melt in easily with some practice. The black discoloration is not melted plastic , it is sharpie ink where I marked the locations. They should look fine from normal viewing distance once the car is painted.
If anyone wants to try this, the way I found works best is to use a small pencil type iron and hold a length of wire so one side is in place and lightly melt it into place with the extra wire laying across the ladder space,starting with a length of wire long enough to not burn your fingers. Then use nail clippers and cut the other end of wire to length and melt it lightly in place then go back and finish the first side ,then once more on the second side. The ends of wires should cover about half the width of the plastic side runners. Don't melt too much at one time , just touch the tip of the iron to the wire in light taps so the wire don't melt right thru the plastic. Practice on some scrap before doing a real car, and don't get discouraged if it seems hard at first, I've done hundreds of cars in different scales so it seems easy now, although TT is a little harder than the larger sizes due to it's thin plastic sections. :>) ....dave
ctxmf74

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:47 pm

Thanks Dave, I happen to go in the gallery and saw the pics right as you had posted them. Looks very good! I'll take your advice and see how it turns out.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Marquette » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:01 pm

Arseny wrote:Are the Dan Kohlberg's decals suitable for TT without changes?

When you mail him, you have to tell him you want the set in TT scale/1:120 - and then yes, it will be a set of TT scale decals.
Marquette

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:05 pm

Marquette wrote:
Arseny wrote:Are the Dan Kohlberg's decals suitable for TT without changes?

When you mail him, you have to tell him you want the set in TT scale/1:120 - and then yes, it will be a set of TT scale decals.

Right on!
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Marquette » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:30 pm

He'll do it for any of his sets, too. I've had the pleasure of meeting him at an RPM meet a few years back; great guy, and his decals are very nice. Haven't used them yet, just saw at the RPM meet in question, but I did just send off an order his way.
Marquette

PreviousNext

Return to Prototypes / Models