TT Nut kits at LokNRoll????

TT Nut kits at LokNRoll????

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:34 pm

I guess I'll take this as a compliment. Nice to see finished versions with all the bells and whistles. See here http://www.lok-n-roll.de/16.html
My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Re: TT Nut kits at LokNRoll????

Postby CSD » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:41 pm

65 Euros!!! When do you get your cheque?
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:51 pm

CSD wrote:65 Euros!!! When do you get your cheque?

I don't - they buy the kits just like everyone else. Yeah, I'm not sure what to think of their markup yet :think: There is a good bit of manual work put into the kits though so I guess if they can sell them at those prices, more power to them. The tank looks spectacular in my opinion.
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby BTTB Fan » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:12 pm

I think what LokNRoll are doing with TTNut and other kits is great, as it covers the RTR segment of the market for those with money buy no time/skill to assmble/paint those kits. If there is one thing that rubs me the wrong way, it's their failure to credit ConducTTor/TTNut with the design. All they say is "Shapeways printing".
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:20 pm

BTTB Fan wrote:If there is one thing that rubs me the wrong way, it's their failure to credit ConducTTor/TTNut with the design. All they say is "Shapeways printing".

THAT is what rubs me wrong as well. They did the same with A&D's pulpwood car - just "shapeways blah blah....".

I'll be contacting them.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Taxari » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:25 pm

Hello,

we just want offer RTR models, because some of us have not enough time or the talent to built kits. The price is including the kit, the kadees, other trucks, the decals, the color, the time to built it and 19% tax. So i think is a very good price in germany (i know that the dollar exchange rate is not very good at the moment, sorry).

I hope you could enjoy the result.

Regards
Jörg
Taxari

Postby Taxari » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:28 pm

Alex, sorry that Mike don't say, that the kit is from you and the other from Micha (A&D). But everybody, who collect american prototype models, knows you. But i will remind Mike (Lok-n-Roll).

Regards
Jörg
Taxari

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:45 pm

Jörg, as I said about the price, if they can sell them that's great. I realize how much work went into each of those models to get it to RTR condition so I have no problem with it. A mention of the "author" however, would have been nice. I'm spending endless hours designing and bringing these products to everyone for next to no money without complaining. I do however expect to be given credit. It would also have been nice for someone to just let me know that they will be selling my kits - it's a bit of a surprise. I have no problem with it but I think I've been extremely open with everyone and have been willing to help/work with anyone who is pursuing NA TT and I think it would be nice for that courtesy to be returned.

If Mike would like to have a friendly conversation, please point him my way - you have my personal email. I understand he doesn't speak English - no problem, write it in German and I'll figure it out.

Prost!
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby ctxmf74 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:27 pm

ConducTTor wrote: as I said about the price, if they can sell them that's great. I realize how much work went into each of those models to get it to RTR condition so I have no problem with it. A mention of the "author" however, would have been nice.!

I agree, the creator should have been mentioned instead of shapeways, the printing is basically a commodity like operation while the 3D design is unique.
I also have no problem with the high price(except that it might dis-courage prospective TT scalers from joining us) as after building one I know that it takes quite a bit of time to finish, paint,and decal them....dave
ctxmf74

Postby scaro » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:21 pm

do not want to overheat things, but i think that this is a bit rude.

my 0.02.

ben
scaro

Next

Return to Prototypes / Models