TT Nut Dalman 2 level trucks

Re: TT Nut Dalman 2 level trucks

Postby scaro » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:04 am

Thanks Alex, got 5 pr of the Dalmans, and one of the '2-spring special'. Those come out at $20 pr. Is that right?

cheers, Ben
scaro

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:34 am

Should be about $25 for all that but if you got it for $20 I guess Shws messed up. Enjoy the discount!
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby railtwister » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:14 am

scaro wrote:Thanks Alex, got 5 pr of the Dalmans, and one of the '2-spring special'. Those come out at $20 pr. Is that right?

cheers, Ben

Ben,

Are you saying $20.00 per pair, or $20.00 for the lot? If you really meant $20 per pair, that sounds awful steep! Shapeways site shows the Dalmans in frosted detail at $7.72/pair (at least there are two shown in the illustration), so even if they charge that amount for a single truck, a pair should have been less than $16.00, while the two spring trucks in frosted detail are listed at $17.27 (and that illustration shows 5 pair). Forgive me if I seem a bit confused here, but the $20 mentioned doesn't seem to fit anywhere with what's showing on the website.

Bill, confused in FL
railtwister

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:20 am

railtwister wrote:Shapeways site shows the Dalmans in frosted detail at $7.72/pair (at least there are two shown in the illustration)

Correct - it's a pair.

railtwister wrote:the two spring trucks ...... (and that illustration shows 5 pair)

Correct again - it's 5 pairs.
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby railtwister » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:50 am

ConducTTor wrote:
railtwister wrote:Shapeways site shows the Dalmans in frosted detail at $7.72/pair (at least there are two shown in the illustration)

Correct - it's a pair.

railtwister wrote:the two spring trucks ...... (and that illustration shows 5 pair)

Correct again - it's 5 pairs.

Thanks Alex,
So where does the $20.00 Ben mentioned come from? Does it apply to the single pair, the 5 pair, or the whole order? Seems like 5 pair of the Dalmans alone would be over $35. Or, did Ben really mean that he got one pair of Dalmans and five pair of the two spring trucks (his post said the opposite), which would come closest to your estimate of about $25...

Do the Dalmans use much more material and that's why they seem to be so much more than the two spring trucks? On the surface, one would think that the cost of trucks with different side frames would be pretty much the same, as long as they were about the same size.

I guess we won't know who made the mistake and for how much until Ben actually receives his order.

Bill in FL
railtwister

Postby scaro » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:03 pm

sorry, i thought it listed one pr of the '2 spring special' as $20. however i'm not sure now, the pic shows 5pr, which would be cheap. i got 5 pr of the dalmans because i think i can modify them to something i want.
scaro

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:06 pm

I'm getting totally confused now. Give me a few minutes to eat my lunch and I'll do my best to make sense of it all.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:19 pm

1 PAIR of Dalmans is $7.72.

5 PAIR of "2 spring specials" is $17.27.

Shapeways has $5 start up fee for the Frosted detail material (http://www.shapeways.com/materials/frosted_detail)

So, 1 Pair of Dalmans = $7.72 - $5 = $2.72

5 pair of 2 springs = (17.27 - 5) / 5 = 12.27 / 5 = $2.45

So the REAL price for Dalman is $2.72 - the REAL price for the two springs is $2.45. On the 2 springs, they may be a slight discount that I've built in because it's a "bulk" order. Also, the Dalmans have a slightly thicker side frame to account for loss of strength due to the thin areas between the center / spring area and the bearings - this contributes to slightly higher material usage.

The reason the 2 springs are offered as 5 pair (as opposed to a single pair) is that that's what Ben had asked for back when he asked for the trucks to be done.

I can make the Dalmans available in 5, 10, 20, whatever pairs if you guys want.

Does all this make sense?

Whatever price Ben got and how he got it I don't know. Ben if you want to post here or email me your order document I can look at it.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:23 pm

P.S.

Shapeways recently overhauled their pricing structure (they got rid of the $25 order minimum among other things) and I don't know off the top of my head which materials were effected and how exactly. So, if you see differences between prices now and what they were a couple of months ago, that's the reason.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby scaro » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:37 pm

gday alex, do not worry and go back to your lunch. i'll wait and see what arrives. :thumbup:
scaro

PreviousNext

Return to Prototypes / Models