TT Empire

TT Empire

Postby The Fish » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:00 pm

I have just received my latest copy of TT Empire edited by Mike Braunstein. It is great to see this is still going after many years. Further infomation http://www.ttempire.org
The Fish

Re: TT Empire

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:17 pm

True. However I don't know how relevant it is to those on the web since most of the news is - well....old news.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Arseny » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:51 am

Hmm... I have read some info about ALCO RS kit in the last issue - I did not see any info about it in the web...
Arseny

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:58 am

Arseny wrote:Hmm... I have read some info about ALCO RS kit in the last issue

Really???? I have no memory of that. Hmmm....lemme go back and see.....
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Tom Dempsey » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:07 pm

Maybe because you decided going in it was all old info. Does anyone know what the basis of the model is? I.e., is this an upgrade for an existing mechanism or a scratchbuilder assist kit.
Tom Dempsey

Postby scaro » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:40 pm

what existing mechanism would there be for an Alco RS? i think there's a pilot model of which numbers in single figures were made and an etch of first generation diesels now owned by 3SMR that never saw the light of day and probably never will. that's about it as far as i know. i subscribe and the last issue i got was june, which contained no mention of an RS. maybe i am missing one.

ben
scaro

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:21 pm

Tom Dempsey wrote:Maybe because you decided going in it was all old info.

Negative - I read them all. Maybe as scaro mentioned, I'm missing an issue?
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby areibel » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:41 pm

I don't remember the RS being mentioned in the EMpire either, perhaps it was on TT IMS?
There has been an ongoing project by Neil Cherry, he was working on an etch for a body but it's probably been two years since I've heard anything about it. I'm assuming that it was a case of life interfering with TT, but I don't know for sure. There is actually one (that I know of) Kemtron RS-2 model, it's a beauty but unless 3SMR has a copy of the etch then there isn't much of a chance of that model surfacing soon. It's too bad, Gandy Dancer made a rather generic Alco (their DL-702) that used the Kemtron Alco trucks (same as an RS) and a cast brass pilot/ step/ end rail that's nice and could be reproduced to use on an RS, but we still need the shell!
areibel

Postby Marquette » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:28 am

German. I believe it is a group made up of Ingo Schwaetzer and some others who are working on an RS-3. This will, of course, have the typical German "kleinserienmodell" price - iirc I heard a number around €400.

The Kemtron RS-2 is, as I understand it, as rare as a white raven.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby Arseny » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:50 am

scaro wrote:i subscribe and the last issue i got was june, which contained no mention of an RS. maybe i am missing one.

I mean September issue. I've got it at 26 September. Page 5.

...But maybe I misunderstood and it was only 1 kit for sale?..
Arseny

Next

Return to General Discussion