TT Empire Newsletter

TT Empire Newsletter

Postby oldtrainguy » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:53 pm

The TT Empire newsletter is now a free quarterly electronic newletter.

You can subscribe by going to the TT Empire web site: http://www.ttempire.org/

They would also like people to submit articles, pictures etc.
Don
oldtrainguy

Re: TT Empire Newsletter

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:05 pm

I have my electronic copy, and am looking forward to seeing what the future holds for TT Empire (and TT Scale in general)!
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby Bernd » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:28 am

I signed up. Interested to see the content.

I also tried contacting Mike. I used the 110ttempire.org address but got bounced. Seems his e-mail is full. Also on the home page the e-mail address has a "dot com" ending. When I tried the dot com address I got a "no such address" message. Can anybody shed some light on this?

Bernd
Bernd

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:40 pm

So, I'm wondering what the illustrious editor is smoking.

Example 1 taken directly from the current issue: "Over the last few years it seems that there is now less available
in the area of new items." To say that this puzzles me would be an understatement.

Example 2 also taken directly from the current issue: "The TT Empire is not in competition as one other TT
Web site seems to think". It does not require a stretch of the imagination to figure out what the "other TT Web site" is. If this website (me) thought we were in competition, the above posts would not have been allowed.

If anyone can shed some light on the above I'd appreciate it - because I'm stumped.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the ruling class know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Bernd » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:17 pm

I'm kind of baffled by the two e-mail addresses. Then what you described Alex gives me an indication it's best to sit back and wait this one out to see what happens. I'm starting to think it would be better to write some articles for one or more of the major model publications.

Bernd
Bernd

Postby ttoldguy » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:39 pm

The Email address for the TT Empire should have been a .org, not a .com. My bad, I have corrected it on the Home page of the web site. The "Contact Us" button has the correct Email address.
ttoldguy

Postby ttoldguy » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:33 pm

ConducTTor wrote:So, I'm wondering what the illustrious editor is smoking.

Example 1 taken directly from the current issue: "Over the last few years it seems that there is now less available
in the area of new items." To say that this puzzles me would be an understatement.

Example 2 also taken directly from the current issue: "The TT Empire is not in competition as one other TT
Web site seems to think". It does not require a stretch of the imagination to figure out what the "other TT Web site" is. If this website (me) thought we were in competition, the above posts would not have been allowed.

If anyone can shed some light on the above I'd appreciate it - because I'm stumped.

Alex: You are more than welcome to submit a Letter To The Editor for any reason you feel is needed. I will not modify, censor or change the letter in any way. All I ask is that you be adult in your submission and eliminate the childish references. Your letter will appear in the December 2015 issue and any responses from the subscribers will appear in the March issue. Should I deem a response is required it will appear in December. I will await your Email to the TT Empire Email address.
ttoldguy

Postby j p » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:09 am

Yes, the statement "Over the last few years it seems that there is now less available in the area of new items." is hmmm... politely said controversial.
We have got the most new TT-scale RTR models and kits during the last few years since 1960s! How can that be "less available"?
I think that the editor owes an apology to MTB, SazModel, Zeuke-TT, GoldCoast/Lok-n-Roll and many others. And that is only when considering North American TT-scale. If we take the TT-scale in general (incl. Europe), we have more available in the area of new items than ever before.

- Jan
j p

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:16 am

ttoldguy wrote:
ConducTTor wrote:So, I'm wondering what the illustrious editor is smoking.

Alex: You are more than welcome to submit a Letter To The Editor for any reason you feel is needed. I will not modify, censor or change the letter in any way. All I ask is that you be adult in your submission and eliminate the childish references. Your letter will appear in the December 2015 issue and any responses from the subscribers will appear in the March issue. Should I deem a response is required it will appear in December. I will await your Email to the TT Empire Email address.

Nah.

I look forward to whatever you have planned to help the scale grow!
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the ruling class know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Bernd » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:40 am

I'm still waiting for the Sept. issue. I did sign up on Sept. 1 or 2. I figure it would be in my mail box by now.

Bernd
Bernd

Next

Return to Links